At the event, Ambassador to Belgium Vu Anh Quang extended his greetings to the local Vietnamese community, and voiced his encouragement to the community after a year full of hardships caused by COVID-19 , while expressing his gratitude for their activities in support of the homeland.
Quang, who is also head of the Vietnamese mission to the EU, also informed the participants on future activities, along with the results of the fight against COVID-19 in Vietnam, the country's socio-economic development and success of the 13th National Party Congress which took place before Tet (Lunar New Year) festival.
Despite difficulties, the association of Vietnamese people in Belgium raised 6,000 EUR (7,170 USD) for flood victims in Vietnam's central region last year, which helped farmers at a cooperative to resume production and stabilise their lives, according to a member of the organisation./.
- Lunar New Year get-together for Vietnamese in Australia
- Places to celebrate Christmas, New Year in Ho Chi Minh City, southern region
- President Ho Chi Minh remembered by overseas Vietnamese
- 2 shows featuring traditional paintings for Chinese New Year kick off in Singapore
- Gathering for Vietnamese troops who studied in India
- First Vietnamese Tet festival to be held in southern Japan
Embassy hosts New Year gathering with overseas Vietnamese in Belgium have 245 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.