Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, group G teams competing in World Cup Asian qualifiers will play their final matches at a centralized venue. United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Thailand are both candidates to host the remaining matches, with a high chance Asian Football Confederation would choose the former, which can fulfill all requirements pertaining to stadiums, training locations, accommodation as well as Covid-19 prevention measures.
At a meeting with assistant coaches on Wednesday, Park said: “We must prepare right away. First we must analyze our opponents Indonesia, Malaysia and UAE. Second, we mush research weather conditions in UAE. I will ask Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) to select a training location with similar weather as UAE.”
In summer, the weather in UAE is known to be very hot and humid. Playing football under such conditions could drain player stamina at a fast rate.
The national team is expected to gather for training in May. They will play Indonesia on June 7, before clashing with Malaysia on the 11th and UAE on the 15th.
Vietnam is topping group G with 11 points in five unbeaten games. The Golden Dragons need at least seven points in their last three games to secure a place in the next qualification round.
- Ecuador, Uruguay are reeling at the wrong time in World Cup qualifying
- United States trains on flooded pitch in Trinidad ahead of World Cup qualifier
- Rugby World Cup qualifier descends into an 'absolute shambles'
- World Cup qualifying, one year out: Where things stand across the globe
- Strachan issues Lithuania pitch demands ahead of World Cup qualifier
- Australia, Jordan cruise in World Cup qualifiers as Thailand, Japan advance
Coach Park worries about weather condition at World Cup qualifiers have 266 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.