According to the General Department of Disaster Prevention and Control under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Standing office of the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control, temperature on the top of Fansipan plunged to minus 3 degrees Celsius triggering snowfall and ice blanket on tree branches and grasses.
Snow thickness in the whole area reached at 60 centimeters creating beautiful scenery like the winter landscape in Europe.
From the morning of February 8, snow suddenly began falling at the top of Fansipan. Only two hours later, snow was formed in the whole area.
From last night to this morning, the northeast monsoon has been spreading to the Northern region causing rains along with chilling winds on the large scale due to an impact of an increasingly cold spell.
The National Center for Hydro-meteorological Forecasting had issued a warning of unseasonal floods in the Northern mountainous regions.
In addition, the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control also sent an official letter to request to localities to actively respond to the risk of storms, hail and the ongoing cold air mass.
Some photos about white snowfall on the top of Fansipan mountain in two recent days:
By Van Phuc-Translated by Huyen Huong
- Snow, Ice Force Airline Cancellations as Storm Heads to New England
- Snow, Ice Blanket Midwest as Storm Heads to New England
- 3 Dead After April Storm Blasts Central US With Snow, Ice
- UK weather forecast – Snow shuts airports, schools and entire villages cut off as white stuff blankets Britain
- Airports shut, schools closed and entire villages cut off as army drafted in to deal with Britain snow bomb
- Weather forecast – SNOW falls across the UK again today as map shows where and when it will hit
Snow, ice fully cover on top of Fansipan mountain have 287 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.