The traditional rice farming ritual the Van Kieu ethnic minority in Quang Ninh District's Truong Son Commune usually takes place on the 11th-14th days of the seventh lunar month. It is held to pray for a year of favorable weather and bumper crops. to pray for a year of favourable weather and bumper crops.
The Van Kieu ethnic minority has been living along the Truong Sơn mountain range in central Vietnam for centuries. They have maintained so many ancient customs and traditions.
The Nguon ethnic people mainly live in Minh Hoa District. The folk songs performed by local fishermen while grinding roots of a kind of tree that is called "teng" tree containing toxic substance for extraction. The liquid will be released into river or stream to kill fishes.
By Minh Phong – Translated by Kim Khanh
- H’re people’s brocade weaving recognised as national intangible cultural heritage
- Giong Festival recognized as intangible cultural heritage
- Giong festival recognised as a world intangible cultural heritage
- Microsoft Launches AI for Cultural Heritage Programme
- Cave tourism highlights Quang Binh Cultural - Tourism Week
- PM affirms commitment to cultural heritage, education
Quang Binh gets new national intangible cultural heritages have 188 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.