The event was previously expected to take place on February 25-26 (on the 14th-15th days of the first lunar month) at the District 5's Cultural Center.
Nguyen Tieu Festival was recognised as a national intangible cultural heritage in last January. The festival is considered the biggest and most important cultural event of a year of the Chinese-Vietnamese community in Vietnam. Nguyen Tieu festival featuring Chinese specialties, historical relics and cuisine culture is the occasion for them to preserve their cultural identity.
The lanter festival is usually celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month. Many interesting cultural activities like musical performances, the kylin and dragon dances, folk games, an exhibition of calligraphy paintings and a Chinese food fair will take place during the festival.
By Ho Son – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Let's get this party started! Thousands of music fans arrive for 'hottest EVER' Glastonbury as festival prepares to bask in 91F heatwave
- Josh And Anna Duggar Forced To Cancel Appearance At Christian Music Festival
- Foo Fighters Cancel Two Shows After Dave Grohl’s Dramatic Fall In Friday’s Concert
- Marlborough Ascot 2019 racing tips for Wednesday, June 19
- Marlborough racing tips for Friday, July 19
- Marlborough racing tips for Monday, August 19
Nguyen Tieu Festival cancelled due to Covid-19 have 200 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.