Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh presented the title of "People's Doctor" to Associate Prof. Dr. Tran Huu Binh; Associate Prof. Dr. Doan Quoc Hung; Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Quang Tuan; Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Huu Uoc, and Associate Prof. Dr. Nguyen Kim Viet. They are former and incumbent leaders at important faculties and institutes of different central hospitals.
On the occasion, the title "Meritorious Doctor" was also awarded to 12 other lecturers at the Hanoi Medical University.
The titles "People's Doctor" and "Meritorious Doctor" aim to honour doctors with outstanding talent and professional ethics.
* As authorised by the State President, Secretary of the Da Nang Party Committee Nguyen Van Quang presented the title "Meritorious Doctor" to 28 individuals and the Prime Minister's certificates of merit to two exemplary individuals in the city's health sector on February 26.
In addition, 20 medical workers who have made significant contributions to the health sector and the COVID-19 fight in the city over the past year were also honoured at Friday's ceremony.
* On the same day, leaders of Hai Duong Province, the country's current COVID-19 hotbed, held a meeting to pay tribute to experts of the Health Ministry currently working in the province, on the occasion of Vietnam Doctors' Day.
Local leaders expressed their gratitude for the wholeheartedness and sense of responsibility of experts and doctors from units under the ministry in supporting Hai Duong with the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
* On February 26, a working delegation of the Dak Lak provincial authorities visited and presented congratulatory flowers to medical workers at five local hospitals on the occasion of Vietnam Doctors' Day. Provincial leaders lauded the contributions of the hospitals' doctors and the local health industry in the cause of caring for and ensuring the health of the local people.
* Leaders from the Hai Phong Municipal People's Committee and representatives of departments and branches on Friday visited and congratulated officials, doctors and medical workers on the frontline of the COVID-19 fight at the Viet Tiep Friendship Hospital.
* On February 26, leaders of Dong Thap Province visited and congratulated medical workers at the Dong Thap Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Sa Dec General Hospital and the Sa Dec Medical Centre, on the occasion of Vietnam Doctors' Day.
* The Voice of Ho Chi Minh City (VOH), the local official radio broadcasting station, together with the municipal Health Department, hosted the first Vietnam medical achievement awards ceremony on February 26 to honour 16 contributions to the community's wellbeing in 2020 from across the nation, including two in relation to effective COVID-19 prevention and control.
* On the same day, Chairman of the Can Tho People's Committee Tran Viet Thuong led a delegation of municipal authorities to visit and congratulate doctors and medical workers at a number of key health establishments in the city, as well as some retired meritorious doctors.
* The Ministry of National Defence held a ceremony in Hanoi on Friday to present the title "People's Doctors" to 20 doctors and the title "Meritorious Doctor" to 75 others in the army, under the chair of Deputy Minister Sen. Lieut. Gen. Tran Don.
- Salaries of medical workers to rise by 20% in Belarus in 2020
- WW1 railway workers honoured with plaque
- Spanish doctor suspended for claiming vaccines cause autism
- Paying tribute: Survivor Jodie gives thanks on day for heroes
- Indian doctors to go on strike over workplace assaults
- Turkish medical volunteers offer free surgeries in Guatemala
Medical workers honoured on Vietnam Doctors’ Day have 590 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.