Jakarta (VNA) – The Counterterrorism Special Detachment (Densus 88) of the Indonesian National Police on February 17 arrested three terrorist suspects with links to the Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD) network.
The three were arrested in Pontianak city, Singkawang city and Kubu Raya district, said Head of Public Relations of the West Kalimantan Regional Police, Donny Charles Go.
Currently three suspected terrorists are still being investigated intensively at the Mobile Brigade Police Headquarters of West Kalimantan.
JAD is responsible for a string of attacks, including suicide bombings at churches in East Java in 2018, which killed a dozen people. The group was listed as a forbidden organisation in July 2018./.
- Indonesia police hunt suspected IS-linked militants after four killed
- Singapore condemns 'senseless terrorist attack' after Indonesia's chief security minister Wiranto stabbed
- Indonesian police shoot dead two suspected militants
- Terror cells in Indonesia continue to recruit and plot attacks amid COVID-19: Senior counterterrorism official
- Terrorist behind Jakarta attack 'a good man': Brother
Indonesia arrests three terrorist suspects have 161 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.