New Delhi, Feb 03: Indian legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on Wednesday called for unity in India, in what can be seen as a veiled response to the international starts like Rihanna and Greta Thunberg, who have extended support to farmers protest in India.
“India’s sovereignty cannot be compromised. External forces can be spectators but not participants. Indians know India and should decide for India. Let’s remain united as a nation,” the cricketer tweeted with hashtag, #IndiaAgainstPropaganda, #IndiaTogether.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) February 3, 2021
Echoing similar sentiment, India head coach Ravi Shastri aserted that nobody should meddle with this as it’s a internal matter.
“Agriculture is a very important part of the machinery of the Indian economic system. Farmers are the backbone of any country’s ecosystem. This is an internal matter which I’m sure will be resolved through dialogue. Jai Hind! #IndiaStandsTogether #IndiaAgainstPropoganda,” Shastri tweeted.
India on Wednesday hit out at tweets by global celebrities such as singer Rihanna and climate activist Greta Thunberg in support of the farmers’ protests, the focus of a sharply polarised international debate that saw many Bollywood stars and top ministers rally around the government in its pushback.
Rihanna, among the biggest pop stars of the day with 101 million followers on Twitter, started the global chorus of support for India’s farmers.
“Why aren’t we talking about this?! #FarmersProtest,” she tweeted, linking a CNN news article on the internet shutdown around New Delhi as protesters clashed with the police.
The pushback happened with the hashtags #IndiaTogether and #IndiaAgainstPropaganda being used in the MEA statement and several Bollywood stars who joined top ministers to criticise the “half truths” of international forces.
- From Ravi Shastri to Sachin Tendulkar to Rohit Sharma, 6 Indian players who made their mark in India-Australia series
- Meet Sachin Tendulkar's English mother-in-law
- ‘Well done dadi’: Sourav Ganguly posts ‘training’ photo, Sachin Tendulkar hilariously trolls him
- Ajinkya Rahane asks fans about their preference while eating Vada Pav, Sachin Tendulkar replies
- Meet Sachin Tendulkar's mother-in-law
- Sachin Tendulkar's Reply On Ajinkya Rahane's "Vada Pav" Tweet Wins Over Internet
- My Sudama moment with lord Krishna: Mohammad Kaif’s awesome post wins Internet
- We had it all when we had 'The Wall': Tendulkar, Sehwag, Bhajji wish Dravid on birthday
- India Vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20I: This group of bowlers is a great luxury to have in all formats, says Virat Kohli
- Sanjay Manjrekar backs protests against JNU violence, Yogeshwar responds
- MS Dhoni Beats Virat Kohli In The List Of Most Admired Men In India
- Indian cricket board rules out day-night Test match at Adelaide Oval
- India vs Sri Lanka: Kohli's message to youngsters: Need players at number 6 and 7 to win matches under pressure
- India vs Australia, 1st ODI: Preview, Dream11, Fantasy tips, Probable XI, TV timing info
- India vs Australia: Key battles that can make an impact on ODI series
- India vs Sri Lanka: Virat Kohli Says "One Guy Will Be Surprise Package" In India's T20 World Cup Squad
- MS Dhoni would never impose himself on Team India, he's equal to Kapil Dev in terms of fitness: Ravi Shastri
- BCCI Officials Question CoA's Urgency In Appointing Next India Coach
- Hardik Pandya may be included in the India squad for New Zealand tour
- India Vs Australia: Dean Jones praises openers Rohit Sharma and David Warner for their huge appetite for runs
'Indians should decide for India': Sachin Tendulkar after Rihanna's post on farmers protest have 962 words, post on www.oneindia.com at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.