Ho Chi Minh City Television (HTV) has kick-started a campaign to raise funds for Vietnam to buy COVID-19 vaccines in the hope of soon ending the coronavirus pandemic.
The pathogen re-emerged in Vietnam in January after the country had spent nearly two months detecting zero local infections.
A total of 811 community cases have been detected in 13 provinces and cities since January 27.
Vietnam has recorded a total of 2,403 COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday morning, with 1,760 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The whole country is striving to focus all resources on the government's dual goal: suppressing COVID-19 and developing the national economy at the same time, HTV said in a statement.
The Vietnamese healthcare sector is speeding up the clinical trials of domestically-made vaccines while the government has been negotiating with international partners on the purchase of their jabs in order to soon roll out mass inoculation.
For this cause, HTV has launched the 'Chung Mot Tam Long' (One United Heart) drive to call for contributions and donations from organizations, businesses, and individuals to help Vietnam buy coronavirus vaccines.
Anyone who wants to donate can do so via the 'Chung Mot Tam Long' drive's bank account number 116000090648 at VietinBank, Branch 7, Ho Chi Minh City, with the transfer description reading UNGHOMUAVACCINE.
For bank transfers from outside Vietnam:
– Account number 116000090648 at VietinBank, Branch 7, Ho Chi Minh City, with the transfer description reading UNGHOMUAVACCINE
– Swift code: ICBVVNVX924
– Bank code: 79201008
– Branch code: 924
The bank account will be open for contributions and donations from February 25 to March 31, HTV noted.
Benefactors can donate directly at HTV at 14 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- USTDA, Ho Chi Minh City to partner on smart cities project
- C.T Group building housing for the ambitious young of Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City’s District 9: A beacon for real estate moguls
- Will a small, long-shot U.S. company end up producing the best coronavirus vaccine?
- HCMC strives to increase social insurance coverage after coronavirus pandemic
- Americans in Vietnam watch US presidential election
Ho Chi Minh City TV launches drive to raise fund for Vietnam to buy coronavirus vaccine have 363 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.