HCM CITY — HCM City’s Thống Nhất Hospital organised a Day of Voluntary Blood Donation for its staff on February 23 to address a shortage of blood amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Its 202 employees donated 60.2 litres, equivalent to 240.4 units of blood.
It was followed by the HCM City Hospital of Haematology and Blood Transfusion and National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion calling on people to donate blood.
According to the institute, with the return of the pandemic before Tết, voluntary blood donation programmes had to be cancelled, leading to a shortage of blood.
Its stocks are also falling, it said.
The institute estimates it needs nearly 50,000 units for this month and next. VNS
- Four more COVID-19 patients discharged from HCM City hospital
- HCM City’s District 9 hospital to be used for COVID-19 treatment
- HCM City to strictly manage delivery of goods
- HCM City to fine people without face masks at public places
- HCM City approves $116m package to help workers affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- HCM City to add District 9 hospital to list of COVID-19 treatment facilities
HCM City hospital collects blood from employees have 206 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.