According to report delivered at the meeting, the whole military has strictly maintained combat readiness and effectively followed situation in their designated areas. Particularly, together with observing combat readiness regulations, naval units have actively carried out search and rescue mission at seas, while border guard troops have strictly performed their duties at 1,600 checkpoints to prevent illegal migration and COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Deputy Chief of the General Department of Politics Senior Lieutenant General Do Can, all on-duty troops have demonstrated their firm political stance and high determination to undertake and fulfil assigned missions. The whole military actively carried out policies for troops and their families, took care of policy beneficiaries, national contributors, and needy people, and hosted New Year events for their troops. They also made preparations for the tree-planting festival and worked with localities to prepare for the enlistment drive in 2021.
At the event, General Giang wished troops, militiamen, and defense workers a happy new year and encouraged troops on duty in remote and needy areas to fulfil their assigned missions. Giang recalled that despite impacts of the COVID-19, Vietnam recorded a growth rate of 2.91% last year while ensuring absolute political security and public order and strengthening cooperation with other countries. In the year, under the leadership of the Central Military Commission and Ministry of National Defense, the whole military comprehensively fulfilled all military and defense missions while effectively preventing COVID-19 pandemic.
Praising achievements obtained by troops, defense workers, and militiamen, especially those on duty in border areas, General Giang asked them to promote revolutionary heroism and glorious tradition of the Vietnam People's Army and effectively carry out guidelines on military and defense, army building, and national construction. In the short-term, defense agencies and military units should strictly maintain combat readiness, host New Year events for troops, make preparations for the enlistment drive and training season in 2021, and effectively observe COVID-19 prevention and control regulations.
After the meeting, General Giang leading a delegation of the Central Military Commission, the Ministry of National Defense, and the General Staff paid tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at his mausoleum and visited and encouraged personnel of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Guard Command.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Extreme heat forces Valley to call off Lunar New Year meeting
- Party, State leader sends New Year wishes to all Vietnamese
- Millions around the globe usher in the Chinese New Year of the Rat - except in China where celebrations are cancelled and streets are left deserted with 56m people on lockdown amid deadly coronavirus outbreak
- Happy new year 2020
- What crisis? Boris Johnson leaves Health Secretary Matt Hancock to hold urgent Cobra meeting over coronavirus outbreak - as he celebrates Chinese New Year in Downing Street
- China in LOCKDOWN: China cancels its New Year celebrations, closes FOURTEEN cities, part of the Great Wall, Disneyland Shanghai - and even McDonald's shuts up shop - as the army is deployed in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus
General Giang hosts online meeting reviewing task implementation during lunar New Year have 488 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.