Both cases are linked to previously confirmed infections and have already been isolated.
Hai Duong reported one of the first cases of the ongoing outbreak in Vietnam on January 28, when community transmissions reemerged to the country after nearly two months.
Since then, infections have escalated. Nationwide, 811 cases have been detected in 13 cities and provinces.
Hai Duong still has one week of social distancing left after a 15-day policy was applied last Tuesday. Several parts of it are still under lockdown.
Luong Van Cau, the province’s deputy chairman, told a meeting on Tuesday that the number of new infections has reduced and the province is now capable of testing as many as 80,000 samples per day seperately.
If applying the pool testing method, the province could can 120,000 tests per day. Under this method, five different samples are pooled into one for testing and in case the pool tests positive, the samples are tested separately later.
Vietnam has registered 2,403 infections so far and 605 are active.
- China announces biggest drop in new COVID-19 cases
- Hope for China as report shows new COVID-19 cases falling
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases since Feb 13
- Coronavirus: Hope for China as report finds new COVID-19 cases falling
- Coronavirus Recoveries Overtake New COVID-19 Cases in China for the First Time, Health Officials Say
- New Covid-19 cases decline, but tracking method revised again
Epicenter Hai Duong records two new Covid-19 cases have 220 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.