The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment has built a digital tree map in Vietnam to serve the identification of planting sites as well as management and taking care of trees throughout the country.
Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Tran Hong Ha plants a tree during the launching ceremony of the New Year Tree Planting Festival in Hanoi on Sunday.
The map's database, including information about tree species, planting process and characteristics of trees during the growing process, was expected to improve the efficiency of managing and taking care of trees nationwide, said Minister Tran Hong Ha at a launching ceremony of the New Year Tree Planting Festival and responding to the Government's programme of planting 1 billion trees during 2021-25, held in Hanoi on Sunday.
More than 60 years ago, President Ho Chi Minh wrote an article which was published in Nhân dân (The People) newspaper, stressing the significance of tree planting to each person, each family and the entire nation. It has since become an annual Vietnamese custom each Lunar New Year.
Ha said the database would be put on the App store as an application soon after it is finished.
The application would help State-management agencies assess the current distribution of green trees, monitor the trees' growing process and connect tree providers and growers, he said.
Besides, the digital map would also assist the agencies to identify areas in need of ecosystem restoration, prevention of salinity intrusion and anti-desertification.
Therefore, Ha called upon every individual and organisation in the country to participate in the festival and the programme.
He said he expected all Vietnamese people to help in planting and protecting trees. It aimed to express the commitment and responsibility of protecting the environment and adapting to climate change from today's generation to the next generations.
Under the directive No 45/CT-Ttg on implementing the New Year Tree Planting Festival and improving forest protection and development, the country will plant 1 billion trees during 2021-25, of which, nearly 700 million trees will be planted in urban and rural areas and more than 300 million trees will be planted in the forest. In 2021, the country will plant about 182 million trees.
Speaking at the ceremony, Chu Ngoc Anh chairman of the People's Committee of Hanoi ordered districts and towns of the city to disseminate information to local residents about the importance of planting and protecting trees.
Additionally, each household was encouraged to plant trees and flowers to make Hanoi a city with four seasons of blooming flowers, he said.
It targeted that the city would plant over 300,000 trees this year and each resident would plant one tree by 2030, he said. VNS
- Digital vs Digital - The Big Match
- EUR12.8 Billion Boost To Romania's Economy Offers New Opportunities For Property Investors
- Increasing Local Government Revenue Through Institutional and Structural Reforms
- Doing Theology in Today's Africa - Issues and Trends in Nigeria
- Methodology For Assessment Of Natural Hazard Vulnerability In US Using Remote Sensing
- X-Raying The Nitty Gritty Of Social Transformation Of The LDC's
- Challenges of Climate Change and Bio-Energy
- Israel Says She Loves You to Beatles Paul McCartney
- Software Security Development - A White Hat's Perspective
- The Philosophy of Water With Information From Founder of New Zealand's Living Water Institute
- Windmill Site Selection Using Remote Sensing And GIS - A Case Study In Andaman India
- Internet Cowboys Use Social Networking and Web 2.0 As an Effective Marketing Tool
- Challenges Facing The Library At West Africa Theological Seminary, Affiliate Of University Of Nigeri
- Use Historic Locations To Learn Conceptual Social Studies
- Office Plants For a Stress Free You
- Proximity Cards and Proximity Card Readers
- Mainstream Western Media Stages "Blemishing China Marathon"
- It's a Big Multi-Media World Out There - Creating an Integrated Marketing Plan For Your Brand
- Ideation Success Formula
- Photographing Brides - Twelve Tips For Succeeding at This Privilege
Environment ministry builds digital map, responding to 1-billion tree programme have 626 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.