Dead Japanese man in Hanoi diagnosed with new Covid-19 variant
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker performs Covid-19 tests. A Japanese man who died in Hanoi City on February 13 was identified to be infected with a new variant of Covid-19 that has never been reported in Vietnam before – PHOTO: MOH|
HCMC – A Japanese man who died in Hanoi City on February 13 was identified to be infected with a new variant of Covid-19 that has never been reported in Vietnam before.
Speaking at an online meeting on February 24, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that the new Covid-19 strain has become the fifth variant to be reported in Vietnam.
Associate Professor Dr. Tran Dac Phu, senior advisor at the Center for Emergency Response to Public Health Events of Vietnam, said that the spread of the new strain is not too rapid.
The Covid-19 strain appears mainly in South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and India, Phu added.
Earlier, Vietnam had reported three variants of Covid-19, which originated from Britain, South Africa and Rwanda, and another variant appearing in Danang City in July and August last year.
The Japanese patient, tagged as the 2,229th Covid-19 case, was an expert at Mitsui Vietnam. The 54-year-old man entered Vietnam through the HCMC-based Tan Son Nhat International Airport on January 17 and was sent to a concentrated quarantine center in Tan Binh District's Ward 2. He tested negative for the disease on January 17 and 31.
On February 1, the man flew to Hanoi City and stayed at a hotel in Tay Ho District. He was found dead in his hotel room at 7.00 p.m. on February 13. His positive test result came out on February 14.
Two of 586 people linked to the patient tested positive for Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
- New Zealand hall of residence 'pursued family for cash' as student lay dead for weeks
- At least 33 people are dead and 16 missing after powerful Typhoon Hagibis ripped through Japan triggering deadly landslides and flooding rivers with hundreds of homes evacuated
- Music project further strengthens bonds among Vietnamese, Japanese
- BREAKING NEWS Cardiff City Ordered To Pay For Dead Player
- Preston North End V Man City Match Report
- Typhoon Hagibis makes landfall in Japan, leaving at least 10 dead
Dead Japanese man in Hanoi diagnosed with new Covid-19 variant have 365 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.