The man, 49, tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus at random at Thanh Vu Polyclinic in Bac Lieu city,.
The patient lives in Soc Trang province, another Mekong Delta locality in southern Vietnam.
On February 27 he travelled to Bac Lieu city together with six neighbours, seeking a job at a wind farm there.
A farm employee took him to Thanh Vu Polyclinic for COVID-19 testing and it came to the man as a surprise that he has carried the virus.
The source of infection is still unknown, said doctors.
Local authorities immediately isolated the man and his neighbours, and quickly conducted field investigations to early detect and quarantine other suspect cases.
The provincial Centre for Disease Control transferred the man's sample to Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute for confirmation.
If the result is confirmed, Bac Lieu is the 14th locality that has reported the emergence of the virus in Vietnam.
Other 13 coronavirus hit cities and provinces are Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Gia Lai, Binh Duong, Bac Ninh, Hai Phong, Dien Bien, Hung Yen, Hoa Binh, Bac Giang and Ha Giang.
- Battlefield Vietnam Profile Preview #2 - The Maps of Battlefield Vietnam
- Vietnam's children and the fear of climate change
- Spotlight On - King's Bounty, Death to Spies 3, Off-Road Drive, Theater of War, Captain Blood, Star Wolves 3, and Men of
- Vietnam high school teacher impregnates 10th-grader, asks her to get abortion
- Jade Empire Q&A
- Pentagon reveals Baghdadi killed two of his own children in suicide vest blast and U.S. forces killed five 'threatening' women and one male fighter when they stormed the compound - as video footage of it being obliterated is released
Coronavirus suspect case reported in Mekong Delta province have 276 words, post on vov.vn at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.