The Reds are scheduled to face the Bundesliga side at the Red Bull Arena on February 16 at the start of the knockout stages in the competition.
However, restrictions have been imposed in Germany since Saturday on entry for all arrivals from areas affected by COVID-19 mutations until at least February 17.
Exceptions are in place for German citizens or residents but will not be extended for elite sports.
“The Corona Protection Ordinance passed by the German government last Friday provides for only a few exceptions and no special regulations for professional athletes,” read a widely released statement from the German government.
“The Federal Police informed the club RB Leipzig today that the described case does not fall under the exceptions.”
Rules were put in place by UEFA allowing last-16 ties to be switched, so Anfield could yet theoretically host the opening contest. The game could also be held at a neutral venue, with the possibility open for the tie to be reduced to a single fixture.
When contacted by Stats Perform News, European football’s governing body said it remains in dialogue with both clubs and also the German Football Association, who in turn are in contact with the German government.
- Taking a closer look at League of Legends' upcoming jungle changes
- Can League of Legends ever capture the true meaning of love?
- Riot Games Gifts Non-Jerk ‘League of Legends’ Players
- League of Legends' AI bots multiply, get smarter, and move to Dominion [Hands-on]
- Community Guide: League of Legends' Tristana
- ‘League of Legends’ Takes Aim At Verbal Harassment
- The troubles of talent acquisition in League of Legends
- PES 2018 real team names lists - Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Man Utd and other teams
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
- What to Watch: The Week in eSports (January 18-24, 2013)
- HTC hints it may drop its LCS sponsorship
- PES 2018 partners with Arsenal and shows what it's capable of
- Looking back at the action (and the memes) of Dota 2’s DAC 2017
- Saudis Pull Plug on Yahoo! Site
- Splatoon 2 review
- Yahoo! Forced To Bar French from Nazi Auctions
- Today, the future of TV rests in the wrinkly hands of the Supreme Court
- EA Announces Three e-Sports Competitive Levels
- Review | Corsair VOID gaming headset (Yellowjacket)
- Why is it so hard to stop cheating in videogames?
Coronavirus restrictions rule out RB Leipzig hosting Liverpool in Champions League have 505 words, post on www.mykhel.com at February 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.