“I feel like I’m 18 years old right now, I got no injuries at all,” the four-time Super Bowl champion said
Rob Gronkowski is on top of the world after winning his fourth Super Bowl ring.
Speaking to Good Morning America ‘s Michael Strahan on Tuesday from Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, the 31-year-old tight end said that he feels “unbelievable” following the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ big win against the Kansas City Chiefs at Super Bowl LV.
“I just played 20 games, the most games I’ve ever played. I didn’t miss a practice, didn’t miss a game,” said Gronkowski. “I feel like I’m 18 years old right now, I got no injuries at all. Just playing a full season like that, I feel fresh. I truly feel like the best I’ve ever felt.”
Gronkowski, who came out of retirement from the New England Patriots to reunite with longtime teammate Tom Brady on Tampa Bay last year, was asked by Strahan, 49, if he would have made that same decision had Brady, 43, retired instead of moving teams.
“If he retired or something, I would’ve had to weigh out my options,” the athlete explained. “I’m not really sure what would have happened. I just know that this was the route I came down, this was the route that was presented to me and I hopped on. I just felt like it was right.”
Gronkowski also said that “there really wasn’t a difference” playing with Brady for the Buccaneers as opposed to the Patriots.
“We’ve always worked hard on our chemistry, we’ve always practiced hard,” he explained. “That connection doesn’t just build overnight, it’s been building over the years. In order to keep that connection strong you gotta keep working on it day in and day out and that’s what we did.”
Want to get the biggest stories from PEOPLE every weekday? Subscribe to our new podcast , PEOPLE Every Day, to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday.
After the Buccaneers took home the win 31-9 over the Chiefs on Sunday, Gronkowski’s girlfriend, Camille Kostek , celebrated the team’s victory by planting a kiss on the star athlete in a sweet photo shared to Instagram, which was captioned, ” Tastes like a champion .”
“Its just unbelievable,” Gronkowski told Strahan of his girlfriend’s support. “Just to have someone you know by your side, through thick and thin of everything win or lose.”
He added, “Camille, she’s just an unbelievable person and is just always there, always cheering me on no matter what the situation is. Just to have her there — my mom was there too, she’s another important woman in my life.”
After Super Bowl LV, Gronkowski traveled to Disney World with Kostek and his family. He posted a few videos on his Instagram Story from the trip, including one of him and his nephew dueling with lightsabers at the S tar Wars -themed area in Hollywood Studios.
Kostek, 28, also shared a video of the Super Bowl champ walking through the attraction with his nephew by his side.
“Uncle Rob ❤️❤️❤️,” she wrote.
- ‘Madden NFL 15’ Predicts Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX
- EA’s Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl 50 Prediction Fumbles
- You can have more than a “Wii” bit of fun with the best Wii games
- Gamasutra's Best Of 2011: Top 10 Games Of The Year
- Playing Catch Up: 's Rob Fulop
- All talk: why 2019's best bands speak instead of sing
- Gamasutra's Best of 19XX: Brandon Sheffield's Top 5 Video Games
- Opinion: The 99 Best Free Games Of 2009
- Persona 5 is the best Japanese RPG in over a decade
- New Super Luigi U review
- Super Mario Sunshine
- 52 of the best games of 2015
- A year later, Doom is still the best FPS on PS4, Xbox One, and now Switch. Here's how it happened
- Gamasutra's Best Of 2008: Top 10 Controversies
- Black Desert Online Review: a True “Next-Gen” MMORPG that Makes You Feel Small
- Why Not Call It ‘Mario Kart 3DS?’ Because 7 is a Lucky Number, Says Miyamoto
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Review — One of the Generation’s Best Shooters
- Battlefield Hardline feels like a true Battlefield game
- Who wins and who loses if AT&T can’t buy T-Mobile?
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition Review
Buccaneers Rob Gronkowski Says He Feels 'the Best I've Ever Felt' After Fourth Super Bowl Win have 796 words, post on people.com at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.