It reported record revenues of VND3.45 trillion ($150 million), up 36 percent from 2019, and net profits of VND308 billion for the year.
Gilimex's main products are handbags and backpacks.
It tied up with Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, in 2016 and seen average revenues grow at 20 percent a year since then.
Its other large foreign partner is Swedish furniture retail giant IKEA with whom it has eight long-term contracts worth $16.2 million.
The firm also develops new products for Dutch baby products maker Bugaboo and Puma, the German multinational that manufactures athletic and casual footwear, apparel and accessories.
- Trung Nguyen Legend’s journey to bring Vietnamese coffee to the world
- Amazon warns its employees to 'be vigilant' following far-right threats to blow up its data centers after tech giant banned 'free speech' app Parler
- Parler moves to right-wing web-hosting firm Epik after suing Amazon for antitrust violations for shutting down their app and their CEO said he would re-build the site from scratch
- Vietnamese businesses set mixed targets
- Vietnamese businesses can succeed through cross-border e-commerce
- VIVA e-MEXICO: Amazon, Alibaba And Walmart Are Investing Heavily South Of The Border
Amazon’s Vietnamese partner reports surge in profit have 183 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.