West Ham will next face League One (third tier) side Doncaster Rovers at home and the winners of that tie will book a clash with either Manchester United or Liverpool in the fifth round.
* The European Champions Cup and Challenge Cup have been temporarily suspended after the French government recommended that games against British clubs be postponed amid the COVID-19 crisis, European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) said on Monday. EPCR and Ligue Nationale de Rugby held a meeting last week with the French sports ministry which recommended postponing January’s fixtures – both home and away – between French clubs and those in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
* Tottenham Hotspur’s Premier League match at Aston Villa on Wednesday has been postponed due to a number of COVID-19 cases at the Midlands club, with Spurs now set to play London rivals Fulham on that date instead, the league said on Monday.
* Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo set another scoring record on Sunday as he became the first player to net at least 15 goals in each of the last 15 seasons in Europe’s top five leagues. The 35-year-old Portuguese fired a low diagonal shot into the bottom corner to seal a 3-1 win for his side against Sassuolo in stoppage time.
* AC Milan's impressive form and the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic mean they can dream of winning a first Serie A title in a decade, according to Spanish playmaker Brahim Diaz. Diaz, who joined the Italians on loan from Real Madrid in the close season, played a key part in Milan's 2-0 win over Torino on Saturday by setting up one goal and winning a penalty for the other.
* Arsenal’s next two Premier League games against Crystal Palace and Newcastle United will be a true measure of the improvement the London club have made in the last few weeks, manager Mikel Arteta said on Monday. Arsenal have won their last three league matches in a row and began their FA Cup title defence on Saturday with a 2-0 win over Newcastle coming on the back of two extra time goals.
* Players of eighth-tier Marine may have been denied the chance to swap jerseys with their Tottenham Hotspur counterparts following their 5-0 FA Cup defeat on Sunday but they can look forward to a delivery of new shirts courtesy of the Premier League club. The British government has allowed elite sports to continue despite the country being placed into lockdown amid a surge in COVID-19 cases but players cannot hug each other to celebrate goals or swap shirts, to limit the spread of the virus.
* A one-day international between the United Arab Emirates and Ireland in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday has been postponed after another four players from the hosts squad tested positive for COVID-19, the Emirates Cricket Board said. The match was originally the third of a four-game series. The opener went ahead as planned on Friday but the second game slated for last Sunday was postponed to Jan. 16 after three UAE players – Alishan Sharafu, Chirag Suri and Aryan Lakra – tested positive for the virus.
* Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has been frozen out of the team since March last year but the German playmaker said he has no regrets about joining the Premier League side. The 32-year-old, who is under contract until June and earns a reported 350,000 pounds (US$473,235) per week, was not included in the club’s Premier and Europa League squads for the 2020-21 season.
* Players of eighth-tier Marine may have been denied the chance to swap jerseys with their Tottenham Hotspur counterparts following their 5-0 FA Cup defeat on Sunday but they can look forward to a delivery of new shirts courtesy of the Premier League club.
* Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopes to have midfielder Paul Pogba and defenders Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw back from injury for their Premier League game against Liverpool on Sunday. The trio missed the FA Cup third-round win over Watford at the weekend and are doubtful for Tuesday’s league game at Burnley. Solskjaer’s side have 33 points from 16 games and will move above leaders Liverpool if they avoid defeat at Turf Moor.
* Kazuyoshi Miura, the oldest scorer in Japanese professional football, is set to play on at the age of 54 after extending his contract with Yokohama FC for another season, the club said on Monday. Miura, dubbed “King Kazu” in Japan, turns 54 on Feb 26, a day before the 2021 J.League campaign kicks off. It will be his 17th season with the club he joined in 2005.
- West Ham 3-2 Chelsea: Last-gasp Yarmolenko strike seals vital win for Hammers
- West Ham: Pablo Zabaleta, Jeremy Ngakia and Carlos Sanchez to leave club on June 30
- David Moyes 'losing faith' with VAR after another decision goes against West Ham
- West Ham fixtures: Kick-off times and dates
- West Ham beat Chelsea 3-2 to boost Premier League survival bid
- How to watch West Ham vs Chelsea: Live stream Premier League football online from anywhere
- David Moyes: West Ham have faced 'Champions League quality' sides since restart
- FA Cup semi-final dates confirmed with Man Utd vs Chelsea on Sunday 19 free on BBC with Arsenal vs Man City on Saturday
- 11pm Chelsea news LIVE: Kai Havertz transfer LATEST, fans blame sponsor for West Ham loss, Willian update, Kepa to Spain
- FA Cup: Sheff Utd 1-2 Arsenal: Gunners scrape through
- FA Cup: Chelsea, Arsenal move into semis
- Sheff Utd 1 Arsenal 2: Gunners scrape through thanks to Ceballos injury-time winner after Blades spark late comeback
- Steven Gerrard turns 40: Notable players never to win the Premier League
- World Cup 2014: 11 things the tournament taught us
- Chelsea 2 Tottenham 1 (2-2 agg, 4-2 on penalties): Blues advance to EFL Cup final
- N'Golo Kante injured in Chelsea's win over Watford
- Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Zlatan Ibrahimovic: The best players never to win Champions League 25-1
- Charlie's Premier League predictions: Palace and Man Utd tipped for wins
- Liverpool clear to win title at Anfield after change to neutral venue plans
- Liverpool win the Premier League: What must Man City do to regain the title in 2020-21?
West Ham scrape 1-0 FA Cup win at Stockport have 993 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.