|COVIVAC vaccine is proceeding to human trials|
The COVIVAC vaccine has been developed by the Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC) since May 2020. IVAC has carried out a number of preclinical studies for the vaccine in India, the US, and Vietnam, with results showing that the injection is both safe and meets the relevant criteria to proceed to human trials.
Clinical trials will be carried out by the Central Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology and Hanoi Medical University at Hanoi Medical University.
|The launching ceremony of clinical trials for the COVIVAC vaccine|
The first phase will be conducted on 120 healthy volunteers who will be separated into five groups, receiving three doses of 1mcg, 3mcg, 10 mcg, and 1 mcg with a supplementary dose for placebo use, respectively.
The vaccination will consist of two injections administered 28 days apart, with the first volunteer set to be vaccinated in February.
After compiling research results from its initial phase, providing the vaccine meets safety standards and shows signs of strong immunity, the second phase will be conducted with a larger sample size.
COVIVAC vaccine is the second Vietnamese-made COVID-19 vaccine, following NanoCovax produced by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC that is now entering human trials.
- GeoVax Reports 2018 Second Quarter Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update
- Moleculin Biotech, Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- Nabriva Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Recent Corporate Highlights
- Inovio Announces First Patient Dosed in Trial to Determine PENNVAX®-GP’s Ability to Induce Remission of HIV Infection
- Emergent BioSolutions Reports Financial Results for Second Quarter and Six Months of 2018
- Fate Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Highlights Operational Progress
Vietnam begins clinical trial research for second Vietnamese-made COVID-19 vaccine have 316 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.