THE Disney theme parks are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, and have announced the new rides and attractions which will be opening.
Disney World, along with Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris all have new openings planned for 2021.
The anniversary is celebrating the opening of Disney World which opened in 1971 with just the Magic Kingdom park, before expanding and opening Disneyland Paris in 1992 and Disneyland California in 2001.
Despite the pandemic putting pause to construction, as well as forcing many of the parks to close for a number of months, they still have exciting changes planned – here are the plans for this year.
Disneyland California – Avengers Campus
The Avengers Campus was originally due to open in summer 2020, but was delayed when construction was stopped last March.
Now, the park has confirmed that it will open this summer.
Inside the attraction, the biggest section in the new land is the SHIELD HQ, which includes the Quinjet aircraft, and is where the Avengers are looking for “new recruits”.
Visitors will be able to meet their favourite characters from Iron Man to Spider-Man as they try to save the world.
A Spider-Man ride called WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, is the first to feature the superhero, where guests can help the hero fight against Spider-Bots.
Doctor Strange’s Sanctum will encourage you to learn magic powers, while Pym Test Kitchen will feature weird new meals and snacks both large and small.
Disney World – Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Disney World has announced a Ratatouille ride will open this year.
The France pavilion will feature Remy's Ratatouille Adventure where guests will “shrink” to the size of Chef Remy to race through Gusteau's restaurant.
Ratatouille has had a wave of new fans after the film was given a Broadway makeover on TikTok , with a star-studded cast.
Disney World will also have a new night-time show called Harmonious, with more to be revealed.
Disneyland Paris – Disney's Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel
Opening in Disneyland Paris this year is their first Marvel hotel.
The new four-star hotel, which will feature hundreds of pieces of original Marvel artwork, will also have meet-and-greet opportunities with the Marvel characters and a free shuttle to the park.
There will also be a new Cars ride where guests can meet the characters.
Most read in News Travel
Some rides were not given an update, meaning they may not be able to open this year despite plans.
Disneyland Paris was also due to open the Avengers Campus this year, although this may be pushed back.
Disney World was due to have two new rides this year – TRON Lightcycle and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – but new opening dates were also not given.
- Your Disney Theme Park Ticket is Worth Much More Than You May Think
- New Orlando Family Adventures And Theme Parks
- 6 Important Tips To Consider While Visiting Disney's Theme Parks
- Hard Rock Park - South Carolina's Rockin' New Theme Park
- A Variety Of Rides And Experiences In HK Theme Parks
- The Holy Land Experience - A Unique Biblical Theme Park in Orlando
- Theme Parks in Tennessee - Discover These Great Tennessee Attractions
- Dollywood - Tennessee's Down-Home Theme Park
- Legoland California - A Theme Park For the Kid in All of Us
- Attractions at Flamingo Land Theme Park
- What's New at Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo
- Holidays in Orlando - Theme Park Heaven
- Why Orlando, Florida is Still the Theme Park Capital of the World
- Take a Break From the Orlando Theme Parks and Explore the Area
- The Best Theme Parks For a Family Holiday in France
- Holidays Are A Rollercoaster Experience In Florida
- Buy Disney World Tickets to Enjoy Disney Attractions
- If You Want Wet Slippery Fun, Try a Water Park Vacation in Florida
- Disney World's Typhoon Lagoon
- Tokyo's Top Attractions in Summer
The new rollercoasters and attractions opening at Disney theme parks this year as they celebrate 50th anniversary have 714 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.