Thang Long Bridge was opened to traffic on January 7 after four months of major repairs.
Thang Long Bridge was constructed from 1974 to 1985 and was the only road linking Hanoi’s city centre with Noi Bai Airport until Nhat Tan Bridge was inaugurated in 2015.
The bridge has two levels, with the upper deck reserved for cars and lorries while the lower deck is for motorbikes, bicycles and trains.
It has undergone two major rounds of renovations but has deteriorated quickly.
In this repair project, 27,000 square metres of the bridge surface will be repaired and covered in a new layer of ultra-high performance concrete and then another layer of polymer concrete.
The repair project has a total investment of VND270bn (USD11,739) and will ensure that the surface can withstand the next ten years of use.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung hailed the efforts of the Ministry of Transport and local and Japanese experts joining in the project.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung speaks at the opening ceremony.
He also asked Hanoi authorities to co-operate with relevant departments to put the bridge into use effectively and ensure proper management to avoid it being over-exploited.
- Act Like A Cybersquatter To Capture Your Long-Tail Brand Traffic!
- World's longest double-deck suspension bridge opens to traffic
- World's longest sea-crossing bridge opens in China
- Big Oak Rd. Bridge Over I-295 Re-Opens
- Big Oak Rd. Bridge Work To Start Sept. 21
- Sagamore Bridge Lane Restrictions Cause Major Traffic Delays
- Construction On US 202 Bridge In East Whiteland Complete
- Officials Hope To Reopen Eagleville Road Bridge This Month
- Lane Shut Down For Road Work, More Traffic On 422 At Oaks
- Rough Guides names Ha Long Bay among world’s 100 best places to visit
- I-5 through Seattle to undergo big repairs starting Friday
- Bridge Repair Work to Start on Key Lakes Region Route
- Fire at homeless camp briefly shuts down Mass. Ave. Bridge
- Ocean Drive bridge south of Stone Harbor closed for three weeks
- Work That Body: The Best Dent Repair Kits for Your Car
- The 12 Best Bridges In NYC
- Delhi's amazing Signature Bridge: Bird's eye view from a drone! [Video]
- Falling Concrete From Bridge Hits Vehicles On Mass Pike In Framingham
- China opens world's longest sea-crossing bridge
- Comm Ave. Bridge Construction Completed On Schedule
Thang Long Bridge opens to traffic after repairs have 405 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.