LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – An operator for a Metro train was shot and wounded when someone opened fire on the train as it was pulling into a station in the Boyle Heights area of East Los Angeles early Friday morning.
The transit agency announced a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the shooter.
The Gold Line train was pulling into Indiana Station – located between Gleason Avenue and East 2nd Street – at around 4:10 a.m. when a gunman opened fire on the train, hitting the operator twice, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
The operator was rushed to a hospital in critical condition and was later upgraded to stable condition.
“We’re still searching for the suspect, we don’t have one in custody, and again the investigators are looking at platform video and train video to see if we can identify him,” an LASD official told CBSLA.
LASD Transit officials released a photo of the suspect, who is described as a Hispanic man wearing a white hat, grey hoodie, blue jeans, and carrying a black umbrella.
“Earlier today one of our rail operators was shot at Indiana Station and is hospitalized,” Metro said in a statement. “We wish him a safe recovery and will continue to support the operator and his family.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact LASD Transit Service Bureau at (323) 563-5041.
- A trail of 'bloody gold' leads to Venezuela's government
- China's Lightning Fast Fuxing Train Poses Challenge to Western Rivals
- 150+ Classic Jokes About New York and Los Angeles
- 5 Predictions for Data Center AI Infrastructure in 2020
- Ahmed Shah Masood
- The Second Coming of Muhammad Ali
- Who Will Do What Harry Reid Did Now That Harry Reid Is Gone?
- The Storming of Area 51: A Covert Journey to the Heart of America’s Worst-Kept Secret
- 2019 Sundance lineup includes films from Shia LaBeouf, Chiwetel Ejiofor
- VinFast Sedan, SUV Debut In Paris With Italian Style, Big Plans
- The 50 best breakfast places in the UK
- ‘Come On Down to the Rio Grande Valley. I’ll Show You Around.’
- Meghan shows how to dress to impress! Duchess gives fashion tips as she becomes patron of charity helping women get back to work - while wearing a £2,600 coat and a £1,700 handbag
- Here's How Ex-Nissan Boss Carlos Ghosn Escaped From Japan
- In Conversation: Jimmy Kimmel
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- The Go-Go’s: Ladies First
- My happy place: where European locals immerse themselves in nature
- Horse racing newsletter: Another round of Kentucky Derby rankings
- The Voice of a Generation
Metro Train Operator Shot, Wounded On Gold Line Train In East LA; $25K Reward Offered have 432 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.