India’s COVID-19 tally of cases crossed 1.07 crore with 11,666 new coronavirus infections being reported in a day, while the national recovery rate climbed to 96.94 per cent, according to the Union health ministry data updated on Thursday.
The total infections have mounted to 1,07,01,193. The death toll increased to 1,53,847 with 123 daily new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 1,03,73,606 pushing the national COVID-19 recovery rate to 96.94 per cent. The COVID-19 case fatality rate stands at 1.44 per cent.
The COVID-19 active cases remained below 2 lakh for the ninth consecutive day.
There are 1,73,740 active coronavirus infections in the country which comprises 1.62 per cent of the total caseload, the data stated.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, 19,43,38,773 samples have been tested up to January 27 with 7,25,653 samples being tested on Wednesday.
The 123 new fatalities include 32 from Maharashtra, 20 from Kerala, 10 from Punjab and 9 from Delhi.
A total of 1,53,847 deaths have been reported so far in the country including 50,894 from Maharashtra followed by 12,333 from Tamil Nadu, 12,207 from Karnataka, 10,829 from Delhi, 10,139 from West Bengal, 8,636 from Uttar Pradesh and, 7,152 from Andhra Pradesh.
The health ministry stressed that more than 70 per cent of the deaths occurred due to comorbidities.
“Our figures are being reconciled with the Indian Council of Medical Research,” the ministry said on its website, adding that state-wise distribution of figures is subject to further verification and reconciliation.
- Expungement of Criminal Records in New Jersey
- History of Sex in India and Its Changing Role
- Amazing Features of New Macintosh Compatible Digital Voice Recorders
- New York Divorce Records Search
- Information to Be Found Within Court Records
- Copyright Law India
- India Debt Collection Business
- India jumps to 7th spot in Brand Finance Nation ranking
- India Travel Tips
- Corporate Governance & Compliance - India
- Science and Technology in India
- Quit India Movement to Banish HIV
- Oil companies say Air India not honouring Rs 100 crore/month payment promise
- 2008 - The Year Reality Struck Home For Airlines in India
- Reliance Mutual Fund is Nippon India Mutual Fund now. Should you exit?
- Life Insurance Market in India
- Asia Cup: India’s KL Rahul conundrum
- Saurav Ganguly back on a new turf, elected as BCCI president
- Remaking Marico: How MD Saugata Gupta wants to disrupt the FMCG market with a host of new categories
- Regulatory & Legal Framework - Do We Need a Franchising Law in India?
India records 11,666 new COVID-19 cases have 451 words, post on m.rediff.com at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.