Vieng Market located in Vu Ban District is open from midnight of the 7th day to the morning of 8th day of the first lunar month for people to flock to a prosperous and lucky new year.
People go to Vieng Market to pray for lucks
Different kinds of goods sold at Vieng Market
The move followed Vu Ban District authorities’ proposal sent to the provincial People’s Committee. Every year, the market usually attracts tens of thousands of visitors. The Vieng market is part of the Phu Day Temple site which worships the Mother Goddess Lieu Hanh. The market is surrounded by the Mother Mausoleum, the King Temple, Long Van Pagoda, Cao Pagoda, Tien Huong Palace, Van Cat Palace and Ong Khong Temple. Built in the 19th century, these sites have been officially recognised as cultural and historical site. The market offers a wide range of products including antiques, ancient ceramic items and farming tools. But ornamental trees are the most popular item in the market. Local artisans in Nam Truc district bring their masterpieces to the market to display and to sell. Last year, Vieng Market was held, but the visitor number was lower than usual. One week after the market opening, Nam Dinh Province also decided to cancel the ritual of opening the royal seal at Tran Temple Festival as part of Covid-19 prevention efforts.
- Bridge plan threatens city’s famous market
- Thai vendors rubbish criticism of famous Mae Klong fresh market
- Tokyo to turn famous Tsukiji fish market to conference centre
- What are Emily Carr, Lucy Maud Montgomery and Nellie McClung famous for? Most Canadians have no clue
- Peameal bacon sandwich from St. Lawrence Market packs a sodium punch
- PSSI Suspends League One Indefinitely After Persija Jakarta Fan Killed By Mob
Famous market to be suspended due to pandemic have 317 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.