The flagship SUV, the first product from the Citroen brand in India, is slated to be launched in this quarter having undergone testing for over 2.5 lakh kilometres in different terrains and varied weather conditions across the country, the company said in a statement.
Commenting on the development, Stellantis Executive Vice President Emmanuel Delay said there is lot of market anticipation for the new Citroen C5 Aircross SUV, which will set a benchmark in style, comfort and innovation in its segment in India.Delay, who is also Chairman, PCA Automobile India Pvt Ltd & PSA AVTEC Powertrain Pvt Ltd, further said employees at the plants have worked “tirelessly to achieve this key milestone despite the challenges posed by the ongoing pandemic.”
“We are looking forward to welcoming the customers to the La Maison Citroen dealership network, which means ‘the home of Citroen’ in a few weeks from now, across key cities of India,” he added.
The Citroen C5 Aircross will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine with 8-speed automatic transmission with shift and park by wire control that provides fuel-efficient and comfortable drive, the company said.
Citroen has stated that it expects to be among the top players in India in the medium to long term taking advantage of the evolution of the passenger vehicles market in the country, currently dominated by Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.
Last week Citroen opened its global retail concept ‘La Maison Citroen’ in India at Ahmedabad. The showroom features numerous screens, debuting the ATAWADAC (AnyTime AnyWhere AnyDevice AnyContent) and phygital (physical as well as digital) ecosystems in India, allowing customers to explore and sample the Citroen brand, products and services seamlessly.In the initial phase, the company will have such showrooms in 10 main cities in India, including Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai, and gradually expand as it goes along.
- Citroën Ireland release full details of the new C5 Aircross SUV
- Citroën C5 Aircross First Drive Review
- Citroen C5 Aircross review
- 2017 Citroen C3 Aircross
- 2019 Citroen 19_19 Concept
- 2019 Citroen Ami One Concept
- Upcoming SUVs From Volkswagen India In 2020
- India, South Korea agree to deepen economic, strategic partnership
- Realme XT Price in India Reveal, iPhone 11 Launch, Samsung Galaxy A50s, and More Tech News This Week
- France February 2019: Citroen (+20.1%), Opel (+24.5%), fleet and rental sales pull market up 2.1%
- 2019 Citroen C3 Aircross
- China June 2018: SUV sales drop for first time in 9 years in spectacular trend reversal
- Greece February 2019: Citroen (+56.3%), Fiat (+52.8%), Hyundai (+48%) shine in market up 10.6%
- Spain January 2019: Citroen and Dacia strong, Sandero leads in market down 5.1%
- China February 2018: Baojun 510 #1 SUV, ends 55 months of Haval H6 reign
- Europe February 2019: First Top 10 finish for the VW T-Roc, Citroen C3 up to record #4 in market down just 1.3%
- Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2 Petrol Review
- Portugal March 2019: Citroen (+8.2%) only gainer in Top 12, Fiat 500 (+49.5%) lands on podium in market down -10.8%
- Europe January 2019: Citroen and Dacia shine, VW Group recovers in market down 4.6%
- Maruti Brezza: REAL reasons why everyone's buying this SUV
Citroen starts commercial production of C5 Aircross SUV in India have 523 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.