World Cup winner Ozil, once Arsenal’s record signing, had been excluded from Mikel Arteta’s first-team plans this season and departs after seven and a half years with the Premier League club.
The former Germany midfielder was under contract until the end of the current campaign but reached an agreement for an early termination, clearing him to sign elsewhere.
Fener have now confirmed the arrival of Ozil, with Arsenal announcing the playmaker’s departure on their official website.
In a statement in the Gunners’ announcement, Ozil said: “I’d like to thank the club for this amazing journey over the past seven-and-a-half years.
“The support I have felt from the team and fans during my time here has been truly incredible and something I will always be grateful for.
“Together we won trophies for the first time in years and created memories that will last a lifetime.
“The Arsenal fans will forever remain in my heart. I’d like to thank Edu Gaspar for helping bring about a professional and dignified solution in the past few days, and I wish everyone at the club the best in their attempt to continue to bring Arsenal back to the top, where we belong.”
An agreement has been reached with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of professional footballer Mesut Özil to our club. pic.twitter.com/sZav3YsTBC
— Fenerbahçe English (@Fenerbahce_EN) January 24, 2021
Having joined from Real Madrid in September 2013, Ozil made 184 Premier League appearances for Arsenal, scoring 33 goals and contributing 54 assists.
He was a key part of Arsene Wenger’s squad that finished second in the 2015-16 Premier League season, while he also started in the FA Cup final triumphs in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
However, the 32-year-old had increasingly become a peripheral figure in recent years, initially under former Gunners boss Unai Emery before being left out entirely by Arteta.
His final Arsenal appearance came on March 3, 2020, when he played 89 minutes in a 1-0 win over West Ham at Emirates Stadium.
Although he was twice named on the bench when the 2019-20 season resumed after the coronavirus-enforced break, the 32-year-old was an unused substitute against both Brighton and Hove Albion and Southampton in June.
“Mesut’s achievements at Arsenal are undisputed,” Arteta said. “It was a privilege to play alongside him and, more recently, coach him.
“His creativity and vision led to many goals during his time in the Arsenal shirt. Mesut was at the heart of many great moments for this club over the years, including those three FA Cup final wins.
“These successes will always be part of our history. We thank Mesut and wish him all the best with Fenerbahce.”
- Arsenal want Brighton midfielder, a good deal?
- Beth Rigby and Inzamam Rashid taken off air for three months by Sky News for Covid breach at Kay Burley’s 60th birthday
- 1pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ozil future LATEST, Saliba loan, huge Spurs derby day build-up
- Premier League: Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal: Kane and Son seal north London bragging rights to send Spurs top
- Arsenal sign former Tottenham kid from Man Utd with right-back Reuell Walters to join youth set up following transfer
- Five biggest transfers to be done before season including Partey to Arsenal, Sancho to Man Utd and Thiago to Liverpool
- 'The wrath of Mark': Lawsuit trying to break up Facebook claims Zuckerberg threatened 'ominous ramifications' to Instagram if it did not team up as he sought to build 'competitive moat' around his empire
- Jessica Plummer was 'in bits' over sickening EastEnders exit after hiding secret for months
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 8
- William Saliba next club odds: Arsenal January exit on cards after £90k wage claim, PSG in the frame
- Jadon Sancho next club odds: Man Utd clear favourites to complete January transfer, Marcus Rashford tweet excites fans
- Chinese Chang'e 5 probe completes docking mission, set to return moon rocks to Earth
- Furious Dominic Raab accuses EU of 'disrespecting democracy' as UK teeters on brink of No Deal by SUNDAY after talks between PM and Ursula von der Leyen FAILED to break deadlock - as Brussels pushes button on contingency plans at summit TODAY
- 1pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Rudiger future latest, Ben White interest, Leeds win reaction as Blues go top
- Brexit news latest – 4 Royal Navy ships set to protect UK fishing waters if Boris Johnson leaves with a No Deal Brexit
- Man Utd flop Maguire has played more than any Prem star since February and needs a break even more than Fernandes
- AJ Pritchard’s grandma has died – but he WON’T be told until after I’m A Celebrity exit, reveals brother Curtis
- Brexit news latest – Boris Johnson prepares for ‘Australian-style’ trade rules as No Deal looms after EU talks
- Covid-19: IIT Bhubaneswar study says masks and social distancing both equally important
- Rumour Has It: Pogba wants Real Madrid move, Ronaldo could return to Man Utd
BREAKING NEWS: Ozil completes Fenerbahce move after Arsenal exit have 947 words, post on www.mykhel.com at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.