Chennai, Dec 05: Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa was remembered on Saturday on her fourth death anniversary, with top AIADMK leaders O Panneerselvam and K Palaniswami leading supporters in paying tributes to her.
The party pledged to fulfill the late chief minister’s dreams by scoring a hat trick of electoral victories in next year’s Assembly elections.
Palaniswami, the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, is AIADMK co- ccordinator while his deputy Panneerselvam is the party coordinator.
Clad in black shirts, Palaiswami and Panneerselvam paid floral tributes at the Jayalalithaa memorial in the Marina with their cabinet colleagues and senior leaders in company.
MPs, MLAs and hundreds of party functionaries too paid their tributes at Jayalalithaa’s memorial, which was decorated with flowers.
Later, Panneerselvam administered a pledge to the members to fulfill the dream of Jayalalithaa, saying she had dedicated 34 years of her life to the party and the people.
“AIADMK is a millennial crop and a banyan tree that has provided support to all has been Amma’s (Jayalalithaa) catchphrase.
Let us pledge to continue working for the welfare of the people and also strive for a hat-trick victory in the assembly election,” the pledge said.
The AIADMK members observed two minutes’ silence as a mark of respect to the departed leader, whom they hail as “Puratchi Thalaivi”, meaning revolutionary leader.
Months after leading her party to a successive win in the 2016 Assembly polls in the state, Jayalalithaa was hospitalised here on September 22 and passed away on December 5 that year after 75 days of hospitalisation.
Meanwhile, Amma Makkal Munntera Kazhagam (AMMK), founded by T T V Dhinakaran, nephew of jailed former aide of Jayalalithaa, V K Sasikala, also remembered the late leader.
BJP leaders also paid tributes to the late chief minister.
The party’s national general secretary and in-charge of Tamil Nadu C T Ravi, posted a photo of Jayalalithaa flashing her party’s “Two Leaves” symbol on Twitter and said “remembering Puratchi Thalaivi, J Jayalalithaa on Her Punya Tithi.”
“Fondly known as Amma, She worked for the progress & development of Tamil Nadu. Through her numerous welfare schemes, Amma transformed the lives of Tamil Makkal (people).
She will forever remain in the hearts of people,” he said in the tweet.
Union AYUSH minister Shripad Y Naik too paid rich tributes to her, saying, “today remembering late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa ji on her death anniversary.
Her contribution towards overall development of #Tamil Nadu will always be remembered.”
In neighbouring Puducherry, the local unit of the AIADMK paid respects to the late Jayalalithaa.
Legislators and delegates of different wings of the party’s UT unit, led by its secretary (East wing) A Anbalagan, MLA, paid homage to her.
Anbalagan recalled Jayalalithaa’s administrative skill and proficiency.
- Rahul skips Indira Gandhi memorial tribute, shares emotional tweet on death anniversary instead
- On Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s 1st Death Anniversary: Inspirational Quotes And Lesser Known Facts
- Sridevi's death anniversary: Boney, Anil Kapoor hold 'puja' at her Chennai home
- Tributes pour in for lawyer and former Union minister Ram Jethmalani
- 'A magician, a trailblazer of his time'- Tributes pour in for spin legend Abdul Qadir
- Australian players pay tribute to Phil Hughes on 3rd death anniversary
- Congress remembers Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary
- Royal news: 15 rare facts about Princess Diana on her death anniversary
- Tributes to Michael Jackson Flow on 10th Death Anniversary
- National Unity Day 2019: India Celebrates 144th Birth Anniversary Of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Bindi Irwin pays tribute to her late dad Steve on anniversary of his death
- Google Doodle Celebrates Har Gobind Khorana’s Birth Anniversary!
- Bajrang Dal renews Ram temple campaign on Babri anniversary
- Vice President Mike Pence promises America 'will continue to stand with all of our allies for our common defense' at WWII tribute in Poland and meeting with the Ukrainian president
- 'A picture is worth a thousand words': Footy star's wife reveals his touching on-field tribute to the baby daughter they lost just weeks after she was born
- Narendra Modi's 69th Birthday: Wishes Pouring In For The Prime Minister On Twitter
- Tributes to Terry Pratchett on social media
- Tiananmen Square and Youth Day: China braces for a year of significant yet difficult anniversaries
- Fans mark 10 years since Michael Jackson's death
- Leicester to face Cardiff after Vichai’s tragic death
Tributes pour in on Jayalalithaa’s 4th death anniversary have 1108 words, post on www.oneindia.com at December 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.