The coronavirus outbreak has dealt a strong blow on the tourism industry. Thousands of tour guides in HCM City are sitting idle as domestic and international travelers have canceled tours.
Thoi Bao Kinh Te Sai Gon quoted Nguyen Thi Khanh, deputy chair of the HCM City Tourism Association, as saying on February 6 that the tourism industry is experiencing difficult days.
A beach in Nha Trang City (Illustrative photo).
|In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.|
In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.
Tourists presenting symptoms of coronavirus are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine, but local authorities in Hanoi wanted to know which agency would cover the additional hotel fees when their stays exceed their initial bookings.
Authorities in the southern province of Vinh Long are trying to turn tourism into a powerhouse of local economic growth.
- International boxing championship to start in HCM City
- Kansas City Sees Shigella Outbreak
- Free iPad App Turns Facebook Friends into Tour Guides
- Is Your City Working Hard?
- Thousands of Apps Won't Work on New Low-End Windows Phones
- The 4 IoT products a smart city needs in 2017
- Midsize cities may be hotter for tech jobs than larger ones
- Wolves top Man City on penalties in PL Asia Trophy final
- Pep rages at VAR after Man City denied winner
- Citi Open Embraces Doubles, by Singles Players