Continuing to assemble his first-year coaching staff at Arkansas State, new hire Butch Jones has swiped one of Nick Saban’s staffer to assist with the Red Wolves, according to college football insider Bruce Feldman. Jones is expected to hire Andy Kwon as the Red Wolves new tight ends coach as Arkansas State taps another SEC staffer to aid next fall.
“The 26-year-old Kwon, a former first-team All-Sun Belt O-lineman, has been with the Crimson Tide as a graduate assistant for three years,” Feldman tweeted on Sunday.
Jones, who worked as an analyst under Saban at Alabama since 2018, was hired at Arkansas State earlier this month, accepting his first head coaching role since his time ended prematurely in Knoxville after five years.
His run at Tennessee lasted from 2013-2017 before he was fired despite owning a 34-27 record with the Volunteers. Jones also has head coaching experience at Central Michigan (2007-2009) and Cincinnati (2010-2012).
“It is truly an honor and privilege to be the head football coach at Arkansas State University,” Jones said in a press release. “It is a position that I take great pride in, and I look forward to connecting with our student-athletes to build upon the strong tradition of excellence both on and off the field of play.”
Alabama went 25-3 overall during two seasons while Jones was an offensive analyst and was unbeaten this fall while he has worked as a special assistant to Saban.
“Butch has done a phenomenal job here for us in the several years that he has been here,” Saban said after the announcement at Arkansas State. “He’s very well-liked by the players, really well-organized, and has been very helpful to me personally. He’s going to stay involved to whatever degree he can. So, we are extremely pleased and happy for him and his family to get this opportunity.
“I think it’s a good job and something certainly he’s worked a long time to try to get another opportunity to be a head coach, so we’re extremely pleased and happy that this thing worked out for him the way that it did. And Butch is so professional about everything that he does that it hasn’t affected our preparation to this point. I don’t think he’d ever allow that to happen. I think he’ll contribute whatever way that he can.”
Jones said he was grateful for another head coaching opportunity and hopes to make the most of it.
- State politicians proposing more game regulation
- Star Wars: Rogue One's reshoots are to add a "very important character" cameo
- Heads-up, eBay is collecting sales tax in several more states
- eBay sales tax goes into effect for 13 states today
- YouTube isn’t infringing on Alex Jones’ freedom of speech, it’s enforcing the rules
- Sid Meier's Civilization V Updated Hands-On - Exclusive Multiplayer and Editing Tools Report
- True Detective season 3 watchthrough episode 3 ‘The Big Never’
- True Detective season 3 recap: the mystery, suspects and clues so far
- The director of Crawl answers our most serious Florida question
- True Detective season 3 episode 5 ‘If You Have Ghosts’ watchthrough
- This Week in Games: October 27, 2012
- Democratic Senator Gillibrand to launch 2020 White House bid
- True Detective episode 4 recap: the mystery, suspects and clues so far
- The people who made Metal Gear Survive
- What Is The Truth About Gaming Addiction?
- The 15-year hunt for Resident Evil 1.5
- Pokemon Company wants $4k for fan lawsuit
- 2018 High School Boys Soccer Outlooks
- Next-Gen Fact and Fiction
- Far Cry 5’s story looks like a morally dubious mess
Report: Butch Jones adds Alabama staffer at Arkansas State have 602 words, post on 247sports.com at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.