Actor Prateik Babbar, son of late Bollywood actor Smita Patil, has penned a touching note about his mother on her 34th death anniversary. Prateik, who lost Smita just two weeks after his birth, shared the note with a black and white picture of her on Instagram.
Sharing the picture, Prateik wrote, “34 years ago today my mother left us.. over the years.. iv tried to imagine & create the perfect image of her.. in my mind & heart.. we’ve arrived at a very special place.. a very precious place.. now.. she’s the perfect mother.. the perfect woman.. the perfect role model.. the apple of every little boys eye.. that perfect mother every little boy idolises.. & wants to grow up to be like.. the one that will never leave your side.. & stay #4ever.. till the end of time.. & every year she grows younger.. with me.. she’s 65 years young now.. she will continue to live with me.. within me.. to infinity.. & beyond.. my beautiful.. mama queen.. my reason.. numero uno.. my #superstar #legend…rest in #love.. in #power.. in #paradise.”
Smita Patil died of childbirth complications at the age of 31, just two weeks after giving birth to Prateik. She had married actor Raj Babbar, who had left his wife Nadira Babbar to be with her.
Several of Prateik’s fans and industry colleagues took to the comments section to show the actor some love. Anup Soni, Amyra Dastur, Ayesha Shroff dropped several heart emojis in reaction to the post.
Prateik will now be seen in Sanjay Gupta’s gangster drama Mumbai Saga. Set in the 1980s-90s, the film revolves around all that went into transforming Bombay into Mumbai. The movie also stars John Abraham, Emraan Hashmi, Jackie Shroff, Suniel Shetty, Amol Gupte, Gulshan Grover and Rohit Roy. The project is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Anuradha Gupta and Sangeeta Ahir.
Last month, Sanjay Gupta made it clear that the film will not release on a digital platform as it is “best suited for theatres.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
- Fatherlessness is harder on Father's Day, but 'father figures,' other role models fill in
- The Walking Dead: Why Andrew Lincoln's departure is a death knell for the series
- "48 Hours" investigates the deaths of Colorado man's wives
- Kate Spade, Alan Bean and other notable celebrity deaths
- Jackson Odell, Anthony Bourdain and other notable celebrity deaths
- The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy
- Kenya: Kabuu Named Goldenscape Trees Africa Marathon Ambassador
- Pierce Brosnan swaps the tux for sequins in Mamma Mia 2!
- Parenting through the eyes of a single father
- The warrior queen who 'achieved the incredible'
- Why You Should Always Be Skeptical of Eyewitness Testimony
- Shopper News blog: Find Waldo in downtown Knoxville during July
- Slain Capital Gazette employees were dedicated to work and community
- Raheem Sterling's family and friends reveal what England star is really like
- Teens and anxiety: Utah faces a growing national crisis
- Generation vexed: How anxiety stalks teens in Utah and across the nation
- Professionalism of slain Maryland newspaper employees recalled
- Slain newspaper employees were dedicated to work, community
- New Art School Grad Has Already Landed New Yorker Cover
- Grieving relatives reveal human toll of Grenfell Tower tragedy
Prateik Babbar remembers Smita Patil on 34th death anniversary, calls her the ‘perfect mother, woman, role model’ have 547 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.