HÀ NỘI — Party General Secretary and State President Nguyễn Phú Trọng on Monday praised the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defence for their achievements in 2020 despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and complex regional and global developments.
Trọng, also Secretary of the Central Military Commission, and other high-ranking officials of the Party and the State attended the national political-military conference on Monday.
On the occasion, the People’s Army of Việt Nam was honoured with the first-class National Defence Medal.
Sen. Lieut. Gen. Phan Văn Giang, Chief of the General Staff of the Việt Nam People’s Army and Deputy Defence Minister, said the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of Defence had ordered all forces to make efforts to overcome challenges to complete their tasks.
The military forces have taken a pioneering role in pandemic prevention and natural disaster prevention and control work. More than 16,000 soldiers, self-defence force and militia and thousands of local vehicles and forces were mobilised to evacuate flood-hit people in the central region and islands. More than 1,600 patrol teams were on duty at land and sea borders to manage immigration. The military forces have also been involved in conducting research missions and making COVID-19 quick test kits.
It shows that in any circumstance, soldiers and officials “do not mind difficulties and always stay close to the people,” he said.
In 2020, the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of Defence made consultations and organised external defence activities in the year Việt Nam held the ASEAN Chairmanship and was a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council.
He said bilateral and multilateral defence co-operation this year had made breakthroughs. The ministry had participated in UN peacekeeping, making a contribution to maintaining peace and stability for national development.
According to Party leader Trọng, regional and global developments over the past year has affected military and defence tasks of the army, bringing both opportunities and difficulties. Despite difficulties, the military has completed its tasks, with some excellently accomplished.
Amid unexpected regional and global situations and given the importance of 2021 which will witness significant political events like the National Party Congress and National Assembly deputy elections, Trọng noted that the Central Military Commission must stay vigilant and forecast situations to give timely military and defence advice to the Party and the State.
The military should work with local authorities and sectors to strictly implement Party orientations and State policies as well as to promote the synergy of the political system to build the all-people defence in close association with the people-based security, turning provinces and cities into firm defence zones.
He asked the military to work with local authorities and sectors to make preparations for natural disasters and protect the lives and properties of local people.
He ordered the army not to stay complacent with COVID-19 prevention and control and keep taking preventive measures.
The military must also strengthen external defence activities, contributing to defending national independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity, he said. — VNS
- News18 Evening Digest: Army Sets up Living Facilities for Troops in Ladakh and Other Top Stories
- Indian Army says encouraging to see overwhelming response to Swarnim Vijay Mashaal
- Army announces new investigation into Vanessa Guillén case as senior Fort Hood official removed from post
- Mayor says Berejiklian has 'lost complete control' of outbreak as hundreds of troops set to arrive in Sydney
- An Army General Says The Robotic Combat Vehicles It’s Experimenting With Will Be The ‘Ghosts Of Patton’s Army’
- How Chris D'Elia was replaced in "Army of the Dead" by Tig Notaro
- Army deployed to help roll out vaccines and testing in biggest ever UK peacetime operation
- Indian Army celebrates Vijay Diwas in Jammu and Kashmir
- Ranger Regiment’s first task likely be fighting Islamists in East Africa, says Defence Secretary
- Ladakh standoff: No de-escalation without complete disengagement, says Army Chief
- Task force to bump up project efficiency
- They still need us! EU Army plans dashed as bloc scrambles to replace British soldiers
- Biden administration planning to relocate some Afghans who worked for US to Virginia Army post
- Penticton Museum’s new exhibit honours syilx language keepers
- Army Questioning Chinese Soldier Captured in Demchok Sector, Handover to PLA Likely in Few Days
- India China Border News: India, China complete Gogra disengagement, but Depsang remains a major problem | India News - Times of India
- Dad's Army star Frank Williams on life after the show that made him famous
- Sindh mulls complete lockdown in Karachi as coronavirus cases rise
- Army Trashes Media Report on PLA Crossing LAC in Eastern Ladakh, Says Monitoring China's Activities
- Thousands more Afghans who worked with Britain should be allowed to relocate to UK, urge Army chiefs
People's Army honoured for completing tasks have 792 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.