Lê Văn Đinh stands by the car he purchased to transport road accident vitims and people in need to hospital. Photo quangtri.tintuc.vn Bang Nhiệm & Khánh Linh Kindness and enthusiasm are the first thoughts that spring to mind when people meet Lê Văn Đinh, a motorbike mechanic in the central province of Quảng Trị. The 37-year-old from Tân Trúc Village, Cam Lộ District is well-known locally not only for his friendly character but also for his great contribution to social charity work across the local region, particularly helping the victims of road accidents get to hospital. For nearly a year, whenever he receives a report about someone in need of help, Đinh has been dropping everything to rush to the incident site to help out as an emergency worker. “My workshop is very close to National Highway 9 so I see countless vehicles passing each day. There are lots of accidents so injuries and even deaths are unavoidable,” said Đinh when asked why he decided to start his charity work. He went on to explain that it saddened him to see so many injured people who did not survive because they were not taken to hospital in time. “They had lost their… Read full this story
- Vietnam-US joint efforts help with UXO clearance in Quang Tri
- Quang Tri province summit offers breathtaking view of the horizon
- More sets of martyrs’ remains reburied in Quang Tri
- "Clean up the sea" campaign launched in Quang Tri
- Quang Tri exhibition features Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa
- Pedal power is helping kids cycle into life
- How to build a ‘rest ethic’ that is as strong as your work one
- Ditch the fan: how to stay cool when home-working in a heatwave
- 5 tips to use if you’re planning to ask to keep working remotely after COVID-19
- With family by your side months into working from home, do you still have balance?
Mechanic devotes life to charity work in Quảng Trị have 342 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.