HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Indigenous technologies are key to facilitating the country's digital transformation and the widespread adoption of technologies, according to experts.
They had to help local businesses research and develop products to facilitate economic development, he said.
Attracting high-quality projects in the field on technology was a priority, he added.
Nguyen Duy Hong, deputy director of Smartlog Supply Chain Solutions Corporation, said the growing logistics industry, especially in HCM City, offered a great opportunity for providers of logistics management systems, and domestic businesses generally could provide solutions more suited to addressing Vietnam's logistic problems than foreign ones.
Le Huu Nguyen, director of MISA Joint Stock Company's HCM City representative office, said 'Made in Vietnam' products were often cheaper and tailor-made for Vietnamese users, making them easier to use.
His company had been supplying systems to local authorities to manage schools and payrolls, accounting software to wards and communes and business management systems for a wide range of functions such as accounting, sales and human resource management.
Many Vietnamese systems could compete with foreign rivals, and his company had sold products to some customers in Europe, he said.
But local support was needed first for Vietnamese products to reach foreign markets, he added.
Bui Thi Thanh An, deputy head of the Ministry of Industry and Trade's trade facilitation department, said of 283 products honoured as Vietnam National Brands in 2020, many utilise digital technologies, indicating the development of Vietnam's ICT industry./.
- 5G World Alliance: Australia needs more 5G experts
- Labor has more vision on 5G: Rowland
- An Inside Look At The Upcoming MarTech Conference
- Sportswriting’s Velvet Revolutionary, Claire Smith
- Vodafone argues for more government involvement in 5G
- Should you be paying more attention to DuckDuckGo?
- Top trends marketers need to know for the holiday season
- 17 fascinating stats about beacons and location marketing
- Brand TLDs vs .com: why the world’s biggest brands are making the switch to their own web extension
- Data-Driven Marketing: Your Ultimate 4-Step Guide
- Why the utopian vision of William Morris is now within reach – Vasilis Kostakis & Wolfgang Drechsler
- Virtually There?
- Most of the time, innovators don’t move fast and break things – W Patrick McCray
- 2018 British Journalism Awards shortlist revealed: 'This is what Dame Cairncross needs to protect'
- What Can Ferns Teach Us About Surviving Turbulent Times?
Local tech important for digital transformation: experts have 431 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.