Applying international standards becomes necessary amid the world’s financial markets have become increasingly interconnected.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will assist Vietnam's Ministry of Finance (MOF) in improving capacity for the application of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) with an aim to boost transparency of financial information.
|Chief Representative of JICA Vietnam Office Akira Shimizu (left) and Vu Duc Chinh, director of MOF’s Accounting and Auditing Policies Department. Photo: JICA Vietnam|
Under the Record of Discussions (R/D) signed on December 22, JICA will support the MOF's Accounting and Auditing Policies Department (AAPD) in the implementation of a project on IFRS application, which might be conducted from April g 2021 to March 2024.
AAPD Director Vu Duc Chinh said the ministry is aware of benefits brought about by applying IFRS and the feasibility of the application in Vietnam. The JICA's support is crucial for the ministry in the process.
Chief Representative of JICA Vietnam Office Akira Shimizu said both the MOF and JICA are aware of the requirement of the modernization in the accounting sector. The application of IFRS is believed to boost reliability and transparency of financial statements amid the increasing demand for international capital market among Vietnamese businesses.
The project on IFRS includes three components that cover the building of applicable rules and legal framework to apply IFRS in Vietnam; improving state agencies and businesses' capacity and understanding of IFRS; and assessing the impact of voluntary applying of IFRS.
- Orion Engineered Carbons S.A. Announces First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Study: Americans Back E-Government
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Tech Firms Urge Supreme Court Action on Software Patent Quagmire
- Inside Faraday Future's financial house of cards
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Major Challenge to FTC's Cybersecurity Authority Evaporates
- CIOs reveal their most essential IT financial management principles
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Feds Struggle to Make Electronic Discovery Pay Off
- Portable Stimulus Status Report
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Trump Puts Federal Cloud Investments on Front Burner
- Applied Materials Prospers in CMP, Deposition, Etch
- Exclusive – Peter Schweizer: Mitch McConnell’s Deep Financial Ties to China ‘Unprecedented’ in U.S. History
- World View: Climate Change Conference Collapses as China Backs Down from Emission Commitments
- Comments for : Sprint reports 2Q numbers: better, but still bad.
- Sprint reports 2Q numbers: better, but still bad.
- Special Report: R&D '04
- Android Upgrade Report Card: Grading the manufacturers on Oreo
- 13 last-ditch ways to avoid the poorhouse in retirement
- The Blow-Up
- In Your Pocket: Smartcards
- If Trump Is Laundering Russian Money, Here’s How It Works
JICA backs Vietnam’s efforts to apply int’l financial reporting standards have 406 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.