A four-floor underground terminal has been completed near the Opera House in HCM City. The terminal links Nguyễn Huệ and Đồng Khởi streets under the Bến Thành-Suối Tiên Metro Line 1. VNA/VNS. Photo Tiến Lực HCM CITY — The HCM City Department of Planning and Architecture has submitted suggestions to city authorities for underground space planning for the 930-ha city centre comprising Districts 1 and 3 and and the Thủ Thiêm new urban area in District 2, according to Thanh Niên (Young People) newspaper. The underground spaces will connect to areas near metro lines, according to the department. Nguyễn Thanh Nhã, head of the department, said that an international contest to seek ideas for the underground space planning has been approved by the People’s Committee. Architect Khương Văn Mười, former chairman of the HCM City Association of Architects, said that facilities in the underground space would relieve pressure above ground and provide additional parking space as well security and defense. Underground spaces connecting metro lines and public transport vehicles will be important, and the main metro stations should have many services, with underground tunnels connecting markets, trade centers, and others, he said. The city’s current planning projects include underground space at Quách Thị Trang Square and the 23.9 park that will connect to metro stations in the Bến Thành area in District 1. On… Read full this story
- Amazon canceled its New York City HQ2 plans. Here’s everything we know about how the massive deal unraveled.
- New Pentagon Memo Lays Out Action Plan to Space Force by 2020
- Plans for Space Force Laid Out at National Space Council Meeting
- Amazon has canceled its New York City HQ2 plans. Here’s why many New Yorkers opposed the project.
- State of innovation: Busting the private-sector myth
- Biometrics: Govt plays down concerns over mass surveillance, private-sector access
- Report: Saudis May Only Play Small Part in Musk’s Plans to Take Tesla Private
- ASD prepares to compete with private sector for cyber talent
- In a first, U.S. private sector employs nearly as many Ph.D.s as schools do
- Could China’s plans for space exploration see it challenge NASA?
HCM City draws up plans for underground space, seeks private sector financing have 384 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.