Donald Trump Jr. accused Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell of sleeping with a Chinese spy following a bombshell report about a counterintelligence probe of an alleged spy who targeted politicians in California and around the country.
Axios reported Tuesday on a U.S. probe of the Chinese spy effort carried out by a woman named Fang Fang, who cultivated ties with U.S. politicians over a period stretching over four years up through 2015.
The effort included her successful effort to forge connections with Swalwell when he was a Bay Area councilman. She did fundraising for his 2014 congressional campaign, and according to the story was able to help place an intern on his staff.
A bombshell story reports a Chinese spy operation involving Fang Fang that targeted U.S. politicians including Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.)
The story does not report any romantic or personal relationship between Swalwell and the woman – although it does say U.S. investigators discovered her having sexual relationships with two unidentified mayors from the Midwest while U.S. authorities were monitoring her.
Swalwell (D-Calif.), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, has been a fierce critic of Trump’s during the Russia probe and beyond, and Donald Trump Jr. tweeted about the story repeatedly Tuesday.
He even said, without providing evidence, that Swalwell was ‘sleeping’ with the alleged spy.
‘So Rep Swalwell who spent years saying I was an agent of Russia was literally sleeping with a Chinese spy at the time. You can’t make this stuff up. How can this compromised individual/moron continue to sit on an intelligence committee?’ he asked.
Donald Trump Jr. claimed online Swalwell was ‘sleeping’ with the spy, although the story did not assert that
Swalwell is a member of the House Intelligence Committee and a fierce critic of Trump’s
Don Jr. attacked Swalwell over the story
He was referencing Swalwell’s repeated probing into the infamous June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with Russians offering dirt on Hillary Clinton.
The story mentions nothing about Swalwell’s sex life, although it features images of him with Fang, also identified as Christine Fang, at events.
Swalwell was single at the time of the alleged spying. He married in 2016 and has two young children.
It does provide stunning disclosures that an ‘older’ Midwest mayor from an ‘obscure city’ referred to Fang as his ‘girlfriend’ at a 2014 conference, information attributed to Cupertino Mayor Gilbert Wong.
It also cited a current U.S. official saying Fang had a sexual encounter with an Ohio mayor in a car while it was under FBI surveillance.
There was more at play than romantic chemistry with the unidentified mayor. Asked why Fang was interested in the mayor, he said she wanted to improve her English, the official told the outlet.
Another Trump Jr. tweet featured Swalwell warning of the dangers of potential election interference, where he blasted the adminsitration for ‘false equivalence’ between threats by China, Iran, and Russia – which interfered in 2016.
‘It’s all starting to make sense!!!’ quipped Trump Jr.
He also retweeted former Director of National Intelligence Ric Grenell, a Trump loyalist who joined one press conference to press an election lawsuit this year, that singled out Swalwell.
‘It’s the democrat playbook to accuse others of doing all the things you’re actually doing. This should be no surprise anymore,’ he said in another tweet.
Swalwell’s office told Axios: ‘Rep. Swalwell, long ago, provided information about this person — whom he met more than eight years ago, and whom he hasn’t seen in nearly six years — to the FBI. To protect information that might be classified, he will not participate in your story.’
Swalwell’s office declined to comment further in response to questions about Trump Jr’s claim, what happened to the intern, and the extent of any Fang fundraising for him.
‘The Congressman’s statement in the Axios story still stands,’ said a spokesman.
- This candidate for governor wants to be middle finger to Donald Trump
- After Ushering the Trump Circus Into The White House, Brad Parscale Is Turning His Megaphone on San Antonio
- Democrats eyeing 2020 test their pitches at progressive conference
- Rudolph Giuliani says he won't let special counsel Mueller 'trap' Trump into perjury
- The Risky Business of Speaking for President Trump
- Trump’s Sunday morning Twitter tirade
- 'Entirely improper': Anger as Trump lawyer and chief of staff attend FBI briefings on Russia informant
- Stacey Abrams: Georgia Democrats give lawyer chance to become first black female governor in US history
- Campaign spy puts FBI in snare, Trump insists
- Giuliani says Trump might not comply with a subpoena, and says Cohen might’ve paid off more women
- As Trump pressures DOJ, Giuliani says probe may end by Sept
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Trump nukes Iran deal and Obama legacy; Round-up of primary results; Trump CIA pick faces grilling
- Trump should enforce the RFS ruling
- Playbook: Senior North Korean official expected to travel to U.S.
- ‘Bigger than Watergate’: Trump joins push by allies to expose role of an FBI source
- Lonely Chinese pensioner puts himself up for adoption
- Divisions deepen as Mueller probe hits one year
- The Hill's Morning Report — Sponsored by FICO — Paul Ryan’s rough ride
- Inside North Korea's nuclear test site demolition show
- Playbook: Haspel on the Hill today, after reports that she offered to withdraw her nomination
Donald Trump Jr. accuses senior Democrat Eric Swalwell of sleeping with Chinese spy after honeytrap revealed to have targeted politicians - including older Ohio mayor who said he was teaching her English have 919 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.