At the awards ceremony (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – A total of 20 collectives and individuals were honoured for their outstanding contributions to volunteer work in 2020 during an awards ceremony jointly held in Hanoi on December 5 by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (HCYU) Central Committee and the Vietnam Youth Federation Central Committee. It was part of the activities to mark the 2020 International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development (December 5) in Vietnam and to honour contributions of local and foreign organisations and volunteers. Organised alongside the Youth Volunteer Day festival, the event also offered chances for participants to meet and share experience in volunteering. United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Representative in Vietnam Kitahara Naomi said the theme of this year’s International Volunteer Day is “Together We Can”, and affirmed that the UN will continue to support Vietnam so that youths can bolster their capacity and innovation in volunteer work. A panoply of activities was arranged during the Youth Volunteer Day festival, such as programmes providing free hair cuts, knitting hats and blankets for mountainous students, and a blood donation drive. He voiced his hope that all volunteer communities will work together for further and… Read full this story
- Ant & Dec nominated for Best Presenter National Television Award despite Ant’s time away from screen
- Akshay Kumar’s National Film Award was in line with the rules
- National Television Awards 2020 pits dance show sisters Oti and Motsi Mabuse one against the other
- Vice President Mike Pence delivers surprise address to the Fox Nation Patriot Awards
- Wondering What the DEA Did with Eight Tons of Drugs Collected on Its National 'Takeback' Day?
- Armed forces veterans in business honoured at Heropreneurs Awards
- Farm that won me a top award
- Farmer honoured for feeding the nation
- A blend of animals and crops earned me award
- Queen's Birthday Honours for Theresa May cronies - including Windrush Scandal chief
Collectives, individuals honoured with national volunteer awards have 326 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.