Hoàng Lan Hương learns how to knit by her feet. She is paralysed as a consequence of war, but always leads to a meaningful life. — VNA/VNS Photo Nam Sương TUYÊN QUANG — Hoàng Lan Hương was born paralysed, has difficulties in speaking and finds it hard to communicate with others. The only body part she can control is her feet and although she has to use a wheelchair, she hasn’t lost her optimism. Hương is learning how to write and read, to draw pictures, plant flowers, knit and even use a smartphone by herself. Trịnh Thị Mùi, Hương’s mother, said she gave birth to her in 1977. She was a cute and healthy baby girl. However, she didn’t grow up much and was still the size of a three-month-baby when she turned one. The couple took the baby to the hospital for health a check-up and were informed that the Hương was suffering from exposure to Agent Orange. Due to her weak health, Hương spent most of her time in her house in Minh Xuân Ward in northern Tuyên Quang Province. She couldn’t speak well, found it hard to communicate and couldn’t move much. Mùi thought her daughter would live like that for… Read full this story
- Free Special Report from Certified Tax Resolution Specialist and Enrolled Agent, Dmytro Arshynov: “The 7 Secrets the IRS Doesn’t Want You to Know"
- As Republicans Attack FBI, Agents Association Flooded With Donations
- 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Oranges
- Japanese researcher helps Vietnam tackle AO/dioxin-related health issues
- Isis 'Beatles' victim David Haines' heart-breaking letter to his parents reveals the British aide worker's last wish was to see his two children and 'hug them again' before he was beheaded
- 'When a victim is not believed, rape culture flourishes'
- Immigration agent robbed of ₹3.5 lakh at gunpoint in Chandigarh
- Take That's former manager opens up about Jason Orange's departure
- Opposition slams UP govt after Unnao rape victim's death
- Elon Musk should pay British diver he called a 'pedo guy' $190M, victim's lawyer declares, as he labels the billionaire a 'liar' at the close of defamation trial
Agent Orange victim overcomes difficulties to help others have 381 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.