(Subscribe to our Today’s Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.)
YouTube has added a slew of features to its music app, including an activity bar that will show common activities on YouTube Music’s homepage.
Users can now see up to seven new personalised My Mix playlists on the Home tab. Each My Mix will be distinct with a diverse list of artists and different genres.
My Mixes will keep updating so users can find a new playlist every time they open the app. The daily mixes feature was first introduced by Spotify for its music app. Apple Music also has a similar feature that showcases a mix of tracks.
Along with this update, YouTube has re-branded its My Supermix as Your Mix to combine different genre of music in one playlist, similar to Spotify’s Discover Weekly.
YouTube has made changes to its home page and selections. Home tab will now have activity bar that shows four featured activities including, workout, focus, relax, and commute.
Users simply need to tap an option such as ‘workout’ to access personalised homepage full of playlists suited for workouts.
They will also receive up to four new personalised Workout Mixes, featuring songs of their choice, as well as other recommendations to explore new songs. Similarly, they can tap on the Relax or Focus icons to get personalized Mixes to help keep calm and carry on.
The concept of music personalisation has received substantial attention from music streaming services. After Apple, YouTube has adopted several features from Spotify with its own variations.
- Inside YouTube's New Subscription Music Streaming Service
- WhatsApp announces new features including contact-adding QR codes, animated stickers, dark mode for desktop and web, and a new group calling button
- YouTube adds new ‘Chapters’ feature that let you skip through to best bits of a video
- YouTube rolls out new and improved analytics for artists
- YouTube Rolls Out Expanded Artist Analytics Hub
- Djay’s new feature can automatically separate vocals and drum tracks for mixing
- Windows 10 2004's new feature: First Nvidia, now AMD supports GPU scheduling
- WhatsApp releases contact-adding QR codes, animated stickers and many new features
- FirstBank enhances FrstMobile app with new features
- Poor Wi-Fi connectivity? Google Photo's new feature ensures it doesn't affect your back-up
- What Music’s Tech Companies Are Doing on Blackout Tuesday
- Android TV is expected to get Voice Match feature
- Best Android Apps for Your Chromebook 2020
- How the Music Industry Can Keep Its Promises From Blackout Tuesday
- Know how much time you spend watching YouTube daily
- Here's how WhatsApp tailored its app for KaiOS
- Latest WhatsApp features | Dark mode, animated stickers, QR code for contacts
- The best iPhone apps (July 2020)
- YouTube Music rolls out four new personalized mixes
- Adaptive Battery, Night Side mode, App Timers: 10 things you need to know about Pixel 3a
YouTube rolls out new features for music app, focuses on personalised playlists have 460 words, post on www.thehindu.com at November 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.