Poomsae or patterns are a set sequence of movements that consists of various basic stances, blocks, punches, and kicks in response to attacks by imaginary assailants.
Nguyen Dinh Khoi and Nguyen Thi Kim Ha won gold medals in the men’s and women’s freestyle individual event, and Nguyen Ngoc Minh Hy and Nguyen Thi Mong Huynh won bronzes in the same categories.
In the individual under-30 category, Pham Quoc Viet won a silver in the men’s event and Le Tran Kim Uyen in the women’s.
Nguyen Thanh Huy, head coach of the Vietnamese national taekwondo team, said martial artists’ have been posting training videos online during the pandemic for coaches to observe and improve their skills.
They will take part in the World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships, also to be held online, with participants allowed to upload a video of their best performance from November 16 to 20.
The World Taekwondo Asia Poomsae Championships attracted competitors from Belgium, Canada, China, Cote D’ivoire, Croatia, Denmark, France, Kazakhstan, Italy, Iran, Mongolia, Russia, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, the U.K. and the U.S.
- Linh, Tuyen have first wins for Vietnam at Olympics
- Rowing athletes set Vietnam's best result in Tokyo
- Noah Lyles' age, girlfriend and rapping career of 200m sprinter
- Tokyo Olympics Wrestling: Ravi Kumar Dahiya creates history, assures silver for India
- Gymnastics PIX: Biles claims balance beam bronze on return
- Olympic 100m champion Jacobs opens up about troubled childhood
Vietnam wins 6 medals in Asian taekwondo championship held online have 237 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.