The two countries have made great strides in building a forward-looking and mutually beneficial partnership. Sentiment among people of both Vietnam and the US is increasingly positive over the past years and likely to be better ahead thanks to improvements in the bilateral diplomatic relations that have lasted for a quarter century. Vietnam, US celebrate the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations in 2020. Vietnam and the US celebrated 25 years of diplomatic relations this year, a testament to improving bilateral diplomatic and economic ties. The two countries have been commemorating 25 years of diplomatic relations with the US congratulating Vietnam on its ASEAN chairmanship and reaffirming its support for Vietnam including peaceful resolution of disputes, rule of law, freedom of navigation, and unimpeded commerce among others. Since formalizing diplomatic relations, the US and Vietnam worked for several years negotiating a bilateral trade agreement, which came into force in 2001. They strengthened their relationship with bilateral trade increasing from US$450 million in 1994 to US$81.3 billion in 2019. The US had become Vietnam’s largest export market with Vietnam becoming the US’s quickest growing export market. The deal helped lift several non-tariff barriers while lowering tariffs on a variety of goods on… Read full this story
- Inside the Koch Brothers’ Toxic Empire
- Hanoi officials take quick action following first Covid-19 case in city
- Everything Coming to (and Leaving) Netflix in November
- Your Labor Day Syria Reader, Part 2: William Polk
- 'I've had worse flu – without a doubt': Diabetic British father who caught the coronavirus on Italy ski trip reveals it barely affected him – even though he's vulnerable to the illness because of his condition
- London Marathon is postponed from April to October, organisers confirm as Manchester event is also moved amid coronavirus pandemic
Vietnam-US relations: A journey of 25 years have 301 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.