National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan tours the production centre for ST25 fragrant rice in My Xuan district, Soc Trang province (Photo: VNA) Soc Trang (VNA) – National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan and her entourage were kept busy during a working trip to the Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang on November 26. The delegation visited the Tai Kim Anh seafood processing company at the An Nghiep industrial park, which is now employing 2,500 workers and exporting its products to 20 countries and territories worldwide, including those in Europe, Japan, the US, Canada, and the Republic of Korea. Its exports reeled in 78 million USD last year and are projected to hit 90 million USD this year despite the COVID-19 pandemic. The top legislator lauded the firm’s efforts to overcome pandemic-related difficulties, in particular ensuring workers keep their jobs. She expects it will expand production, diversify products, export to more markets, and generate more jobs. She also toured a production centre for ST25 fragrant rice in My Xuan district. Developed by a group of Soc Trang-based agricultural engineers led by Ho Quang Cua, former deputy director of the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, the variety… Read full this story
- Going to Hainan? Make sure to visit these spots
- Nha Trang Khanh Hoa Sea Festival wraps up
- Agencies focus on second-tier provinces
- Khanh Hoa Province’s incredible island paradises
- German Ambassador Peter Schoof pays visit to Papua
- Over 1.8 million tourists visited Batam last year
- WALHI releases 131 names of pro-environmental legislative candidates
- Tourist visits to Southeast Sulawesi can reach 2018 target: Govt
- Legislature might give Visit Florida a reprieve. Governor says he wants another year.
- Belfast Titanic-themed hotel is 'best in the province'
Top legislator visits Soc Trang province have 292 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.