Tata Motors share price was up more than 2 percent in the morning trade on November 3 after the auto major declared its sales numbers from the month of October.
The company reported a 27 percent growth in domestic sales to 49,669 units in October. It had sold 39,152 vehicles in October 2019, Tata Motors said in a statement.
Passenger vehicle (PV) sales during the month surged 79 percent to 23,617 cars as compared to 13,169 units in October 2019.
Commercial vehicle sales were up 2 percent to 28,472 vehicles in October as against 28,002 vehicles in the year-ago period, Tata Motors said. Commercial vehicle domestic sales stood at 26,052 in the previous month. It was 25,893 units in October 2019, the statement said.
Commercial vehicle exports grew 20 percent during October to 2,420 units against 2,019 a year ago, according to the statement.
The stock was trading at Rs 135.70, up Rs 2.85, or 2.15 percent at 1049 hours. It touched an intraday high of Rs 137.35 and an intraday low of Rs 134.50.
Research and broking firm ICICIdirect has a “buy” rating on the stock with a target of Rs 165 per share.
Tata Motors posted a consolidated loss of Rs 314.5 crore in the quarter ended September 30 against a loss of Rs 216.56 crore in the year-ago period. Revenue from the passenger vehicle segment increased 86.3 percent YoY, with the achievement of EBITDA breakeven in Q2.
Citi has kept a “buy” rating with the target at Rs 185. According to Citi, the Q2 was ahead of estimates. CLSA has raised its FY21-23 EBITDA forecasts by 2 percent and maintained a “buy” rating with a price target at Rs 220.
Disclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts on moneycontrol.com are their own and not those of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
- Comments for : Samsung snags the top market share for smartphone sales in five regions during Q3
- Comments for : Verizon expected to cannibalize AT&T's share of iPhone sales
- Buying Tech & Gadgets in a Recession
- San Bernardino Shooting: Sturm, Ruger And Smith & Wesson Shares Spike In Wake Of Massacre
- Thinking of buying an iPod? Here's our comprehensive buying guide
- Circuit City Resorts to Bankruptcy to Stay Afloat
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus pricing compared (New T-Mobile prices added)
- E-reader sales to jump 68 percent in 2011, says Gartner
- MacBook Rumors 2016: Will October be the month of the MacBook?
- Comments for : Report says 7 inch mini Apple iPad coming in October, to sport $200-$250 price tag
- Is Facebook floundering? What slipping stock prices really mean
- How to buy an electric car
- Trading Shares in Milliseconds
- Comments for : Nokia Windows Phone sales projected at 3.8 million units in Q2 2012
- How to Blackout-Proof a City
- The most reliable cars you can buy
- 2018 Toyota RAV4: Release date, price, specs, and features
- 2018 Nissan Altima: Release date, prices, specs and features
- Best new Android, iPhone and Windows Phone games of October 2015
- Renault launches two all-electric vans to make bustling cities cleaner and quieter
Tata Motors share price up 2% after October sales jump 27%; Citi, CLSA retain 'buy' have 513 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.