Former national security adviser Susan Rice said Thursday that reporting President-elect Joe Biden is considering Hillary Clinton for U.S. ambassador to the United Nations would be “an insult” to the former secretary of state.
“This is ridiculous and an insult to @HillaryClinton. Stop. Please,” Rice tweeted Thursday along with a retweet of a Washington Post story about potential Biden cabinet picks.
Clinton’s name is being discussed for the U.N. ambassador position privately, according to a person who spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity.
“The thinking behind the move was that it would be a way for Biden to highlight the importance of that position in his administration and that placing her there would raise the prestige of the U.N. itself at a time when global cooperation, and the U.S. role on the world stage, has ebbed,” the Post reported.
Clinton, 73, served as former President Obama’s secretary of state 2009-2013 after losing to him in the 2008 Democratic primary. She previously served as a U.S. senator from New York, 2001-2009.
Rice, 55, served as Obama’s U.S. ambassador to the U.N. until 2013 when she became national security adviser. She was also rumored to be under consideration to be Biden’s running mate before Biden ultimately selected Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
Clinton has not publicly commented on the reporting.
- Hillary Clinton Donates Maximum Amount Allowed to 19 Democratic House Candidates As Midterms Approach
- Good Riddance to Warmonger Hillary Clinton
- True or False: Here's a fact check of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump's second presidential debate
- Susan Rice Did Her Job—and Boy Are Republicans Pissed
- Why I'm with her: A Republican strategist explains why he will vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump
- If Bernie Sanders wins the New York Democratic primary, some superdelegates vow to back Hillary Clinton anyway
- Our 10 favorite Hillary Clinton conspiracy theories — from ‘body double’ to ‘body count’
- Parents of two Benghazi victims launch wrongful death suit against Hillary Clinton
- Colin Powell announces he'll vote for Hillary Clinton
- One year of Hillary Clinton's presidential run: Scandals, sexism and success
- North Korea endorses ‘wise’ Donald Trump, bashes ‘dull’ Hillary Clinton
- Top Democrat on House Oversight panel demands answers about latest Hillary Clinton investigation
- Susan B. Anthony’s grave decorated with ‘thank you’ sign celebrating Hillary Clinton’s nomination
- Donald Trump vows to stop being ‘nice’ to Hillary Clinton: ‘no more Mr. Nice Guy’
- Benghazi attack report brings no bombshells on Hillary Clinton's role, but partisan blame continues
- Here’s what Trump and Republicans said about FBI investigations when it was Hillary Clinton’s problem
- Hillary Clinton, State Feminist?
- Caitlyn Jenner ‘starstruck’ after first meeting with Hillary Clinton, whom she once called a ‘f--king liar’
- Votes, vaginas & gender cards: Some men may vote for Donald Trump because he acts manly; why should the rules be totally different for Hillary Clinton?
- Hillary Clinton Just Delivered the Strongest Speech of Her Campaign—and the Media Barely Noticed
Susan Rice: Rumors of Hillary Clinton as UN ambassador an 'insult' to former secretary of state have 564 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.