Illustration by Trịnh Lập By An Phương When I was a kid, I always strived to score a 10 on every subject and when growing older, I tried to secure a house before reaching 30. There’s nothing wrong with setting specific goals in life but I’ve come to realise that, at the age of 27, these targets might have put unnecessary pressure on many of us whose lives are already quite stressful. Pressure from societal expectations has been a topic among my friends for days, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic emerged. “The pandemic has turned my life upside down since I’m working in the hospitality industry. Being on the list of employees with the best performance for years, it is a lot of pressure looking at colleagues that are still able to thrive in this unfortunate period,” my friend Duy Nguyễn, 28, said. Duy told me that societal expectations come in different forms for different age groups. It is when we become older that we’re able to look at the bigger picture of how expectations evolve and can be detrimental to our quality of life. “I used to spend 15 hours a day preparing for the national university entrance exam in an effort to get… Read full this story
- Doctors Say Young Adults Are Mostly Likely To Report Chronic Coronavirus Symptoms
- The British middle class is in freefall, its young people pushed into precarity
- Young people who vape are 'three times as likely to become daily cigarette smokers in the future'
- Exercise may help young people with severe mental health disorders
- Looking to get away with the family in 2021? We have rounded up some of the best child, teen (and of course adult!) friendly resorts to ensure everyone has the holiday they deserve
- One in six adults in England has a possible eating disorder - including almost a third of women aged 16 to 24, study finds
- Stressed out? Blame bad technology
- Trump expected to issue flurry of pardons on last full day
- What does 'wealth' look like to kids? Adults reveal the things they were jealous of when they were growing up - and the one thing they envied most about their peers
- Cure for election stress disorder found
Societal expectations put young adults under unnecessary stress have 382 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.