Several civil servants have been discovered among over 600 individuals implicated in a scandal in which a Hanoi university had been issuing fake second bachelor’s degrees in English studies. An investigation by the Ministry of Public Security recently revealed that Dong Do University, located in Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi, had granted as many as 626 bogus English bachelor’s degrees, 216 of which have been verified. Among the verified cases, 23 people had their degrees deemed invalid as Dong Do University is not licensed to offer training programs for a second bachelor’s degree. The other 193 people had never enrolled in the school or had failed to meet requirements to be granted their degrees. Fifty-five of them had already used the degrees to apply for postgraduate education or to defend their doctoral thesis. One of them used the qualification for master’s thesis defense, while another obtained it to participate in public servant recruitment exams. An inspector used the fake degree to take part in an examination for rank promotion, and two public officials declared the qualification in their personal background. From left: Duong Van Hoa, former president of Dong Do University, Tran Kim Oanh, former vice-president, and Le Ngoc Ha, incumbent vice-president… Read full this story
- Fake degree issue turned into witch-hunt, says Kit Siang
- Fake degree scandal a real threat to Pakatan’s standing, says analyst
- 10 Hua Hin hotels using ‘fake licences’ face closure
- Trump denies anything improper in officials' use of his hotels
- Fake degrees: have Malaysia's politicians not learnt their lesson?
- Two arrested for using fake credit cards
- Chinese nabbed for using fake ID to set up business
- News Woman using fake land titles arrested
- In photos: Behind the scenes of Catriona Gray’s first official photo shoot as Miss Universe
- Zuraida is latest target of “fake degree” attacks
Officials found using fake degrees issued by university in Hanoi have 313 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.