At least five people were killed and 30 were injured after a passenger bus skidded off the road and fell into a ravine in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum on July 11.
The mishap happened at around 4am at Ngoc Vin Pass of National Highway No. 14C in Sa Thay district, Kon Tum province.
Survivors told police that the 48-seat bus en route from North to South suddenly lost control and fell into the 20m deep ravine nearby, breaking apart.
Rescue workers were deployed to the scene, while police cordoned off the area for investigations.
Nguyen Dang Trinh, an official of Kon Tum province, told local media at around 10am that 5 people died and 32 others were injured.
Mai Hai Nam, the bus driver, said when the accident happened, the bus was carrying a total of 38 people, including six children.
The cause of the tragic accident is under investigation.
|The accident happened at around 4am on July 11 at Ngoc Vin Pass of National Highway 14C in Sa Thay district, Kon Tum province.|
|The bus was said to lose control and fall into a 20m deep ravine. It was carrying a total of 38 passengers, including six children, on board.|
|At least 5 people, including two children, were killed, and 32 others were injured in the accident.|
|Ambulances were deployed to support rescue work.|
|Rescue workers were working hard to search for survivors.|
|Victims were transferred to ambulances to hospitals.|
|To pull the survivors out of the wreckage, they had to saw part of the bus|
|The vehicle was severely damaged|
|The police cordoned off the scene for investigations|
|The exact cause of the accident is still unknown|
- Six dead, several injured in bus collision on Lucknow-Hardoi road in Uttar Pradesh
- 6 dead, over dozen injured after 2 buses collide near Lucknow
- Bihar-bound bus with 45 passengers overturns in Agra leaving 16 injured
- Chimney smashes through roof in high winds to kill man, 47, and injure woman, 28, as Britain faces up to threat of 70mph Canadian Vortex winds this week
- Truck driver, 25, collapses and dies rescuing 10 children from a school bus after he crashed into the back of the vehicle
- Traffic control campaign reduces accidents in HCMC
Kon Tum: Tragic bus accident leaves 5 dead and 32 injured have 354 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.