PRESIDENT-elect Joe Biden is expected to address the nation at 8 pm ET in light of his victory over President Donald Trump.
Biden will be inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States on January 20, 20201.
⚠️ Read our US election live blog for the latest news & updates
What time will President-elect Joe Biden address the nation?
President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris will reportedly address the nation at 8pm ET, according to Fox News.
He is said to give his address from a stage in Wilmington, Delaware.
How can I watch Biden’s address?
All major news networks are expected to air the address, including Fox News, CNN, NBC News, ABC News, CBS News and MSNBC.
You can stream Biden’s speech free on YouTube from the outlets streaming election coverage.
When did Biden win the presidential election?
News organizations declared Biden the winner shortly before noon on Saturday, November 7 after swing state Pennsylvania’s 20 votes brought the Democratic candidate past the 270 Electoral votes he needed to win.
In a statement released by the Biden Harris campaign, the new President-Elect said “I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed me and Vice President-elect Harris.”
“In the face of unprecedented obstacles, a record number of Americans voted. Proving once again, that democracy beats deep in the heart of America,” he wrote.
“With the campaign over, it’s time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation.
“It’s time for America to unite. And to heal.
We are the United States of America. And there’s nothing we can’t do if we do it together.”
Wild celebrations have broken out across the country after the media called Biden’s victory.
Pennsylvania was called for Biden at around 11.30am EST with people cracking open the champagne soon after the announcement.
The sounds of car horns, people banging pots and pans, cheers, and applause were heard shortly after the announcement was made.
What did Donald Trump say about Biden’s win?
Two hours before President-Elect Joe Biden claimed victory in the US presidential race, Donald Trump tweeted: “I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!”
Trump is expected to not concede power to the President-Elect and will continue to fight in court to recount ballot votes in swing states.
Most read in News
Trump plays golf AGAIN as sons tell him DON’T concede & demand ‘manual recount’
Trump ‘WON’T attend Biden inauguration’ as White House staff seek to calm him
Mary Trump says Donald ‘can’t run for president in 2024 because he’ll be in prison’
Mia Khalifa trolls Trump in cheeky video asking ‘for sugar’ at White House
HAGAR THE HELP
Piers Morgan shares cartoon that helped Biden survive two family tragedies
MEL BREAKS LOOSE
Melania ‘counting the minutes until she can divorce Trump’, ex-aides claim
North Carolina and Georgia are the two swing states left to be counted in the election.
Alaska, which is not a swing state, is yet to declare and has only counted 50% of the vote.
The state has been Republican since 1964 – so it is expected the state will go to Trump.
- Vice President Joe Biden on Deflategate: ‘I like a softer ball’
- VP Biden makes surprise appearance at Olympic meeting, plugs LA’s 2024 bid
- VP Biden makes surprise appearance at Olympic meeting
- Kentucky’s Calipari present for Pope’s address to Congress
- Vice President Biden to meet with Brazil president during World Cup trip
- VP Biden to Colombia, Dominican Republic in June
- Jharkhand assembly elections: JD(U) to contest all 81 seats, calls leaders' meet in Ranchi on November 7
- US hosting national Olympic bodies for 1st time in 21 years
- The Latest: North Carolina cruises to national title game
- The Latest: Time running out for Syracuse, Paige find range
- Egypt: Morsi to meet judges over power grab - Monday 26 November
- Torre apologetic for slight in his HOF speech
- Blatter wins FIFA presidential election despite arrests of officials
- How Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president, ended up on death row
- Egyptian activists hope for 'second revolution' a year after Morsi's election
- Brazil leader defends World Cup in speech
- Hayatou says all of Africa will vote to re-elect Blatter as president
- The vote is in: Manfred elected next MLB commissioner
- The Latest: UN resolutions to address Islamic State
- FIFA presidential election goes to second round of voting
Joe Biden speech: What time will the president-elect address the nation, November 7? have 724 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.