The Department of Construction in HCMC said in its report on the project “Housing development program in HCMC for the 2012-2030 period” to the municipal People’s Committee that technical and social infrastructure in some inner areas in the city is overloaded because infrastructure has not been upgraded corresponding to housing construction development. Subsequently, the city administration decided not to issue construction permit to any high-rise apartment project as well as encourage housing developers to build house in areas near underground construction sites, rail lines. Under the decision, in the next five years, authorities in districts 4, 5, 6, 11, Phu Nhuan which have witnessed reduced population within ten recent years will not give permits of construction for new high-rise condominium projects without plan for renewing technical and social infrastructure. Meanwhile, districts 2, 7, 9, 12, Thu Duc and Binh Tan will prioritize new housing projects and high-rise condo projects along metro lines. Apart from which, suburban districts Cu Chi, Hoc Mon, Binh Chanh, Nha Be and Can Gio will take heed of housing construction in village and rural residential quarters and areas with infrastructure connecting with major roads. In these suburbs, local administrations will prioritize to develop ecotourism, new urban… Read full this story
- Inner-city living makes for healthier, happier people, study finds
- Former HCM City district official to buy house for homeless
- Lafayette residents omitted from city district want charter lawsuit thrown out
- Sex and the inner city
- Sydney: why this city would be better off without its world famous harbour
- The popsicle test: what makes a city good for children?
- The world wants more 'porous' cities – so why don't we build them?
- Story of cities #4: Beijing and the earliest planning document in history
- The pursuit of happiness: could a ‘happy city index’ end Bristol’s blues?
- HCMC putting all energy into aiding ICT businesses for smart city transformation
HCMC authorities disapprove apartment projects in inner city districts have 317 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.